corpus luteum
I'm new to this site, but not new to the joys and anxiety of pregnancy; I have 2 young children and am currently 7w pregnant.(I've had 3 miscarriages, one of which was ectopic). Again this pregnancy I was put on progesterone due to my history. During early u/s they were unable to locate my corpus luteum sac, which I know is vital for maintaining the fetus. So far, the u/s have also shown sufficient uterine lining, appropriate fetal growth and a heartrate of 107bpm. Question from me is can this remain a viable pregnancy on progesterone supplements alone? Is it possible for 2 dr.'s to miss the corpus luteum? Has anyone else been given this news? Thank you
I knew progesterone supplements could be used to help, I just wasn't sure if they could do the whole job. I am on an oral dose of 200mg (my new dr. just upped by 100mg). I know oral vs. vaginal is a big controversy, but I've been on oral for all my pregnancies.
i am on 200 vaginally....you lose less progesterone that way...doesn't have to filter through the liver. and i guess it is supposed to have less side effects. i have also taken it orally and didn't have any side effects from it. so as long as the dr's are monitoring you and keeping your levels where they would like them to be...all should be fine.

love....kimmie
many woman lose their corpus luteum and have to be on progesterone supp for the first 12 weeks of PG till the placenta takes over....i am one of them too. yes the progesterone will work the trick till the placenta is fully functional and takes over at the 12 weeks mark. i am so sorry for your losses and i know how worried you must be. i had this happen last month and now i just ovulated and started my progesterone too. if everything looks good and you are not cramping and passing blood you should be fine. if you get any strange bleeding go to the docters....they can up the progesterone dose.

love, hugs, and a healthy baby ....kimmie