Maternal & Child Community
could I be pregnant?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

could I be pregnant?

I just ended my period on the 6th this month and now,i'm spotting(which i've never done before). The spotting started on the 18th, it's not much and it's this brownish color like at the end of your period. My husband and I have had sex a few times since the end of my cycle without protection and only using the "pull out method" What are the possiblities that this "spotting" is because i'm pregnant? Because I did take an at home test last night and it said not pregnant, is this because it is too soon to tell? Also How soon will a blood show weather or not i'm pregnant?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
145992_tn?1341348674
It could be implantation bleeding, however with implantation bleeding it usually only lasts a few hours and is very light.  Or, you could just be having a weird cycle and your period is light.  I would test when your period is at least 2 weeks late.  I'm not understanding your last question.
Blank
what i meant was is it too early for a pregancy test to be accurate since I haven't even missed a period yet? The thing is i'm soposed to be going to busch gardens this weekend to ride roller coasters and I don't want to do so if there is a chance i'm pregnant, so I wanna know the quickest way to tell if I am or not, and I heard the fastest thing is a blood test.              
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
You shouldn't test for pregnancy at night.  You test in the morning, with your first morning urine.

It could be too soon to tell.  Even if you are pregnant, going on a roller coaster when you are at best, only a couple days pregnant, will not hurt you.  

A woman generally ovulates 14 days after the start of her last period, IF she has a regular, 28 day cycle.  After you ovulate, IF there are sperm around and IF they fertilize the egg, it still has to implant and begin to grow.  

The early pregnancy tests, done days before the start of your next scheduled period, are only 60-70% effective.  Wait until you miss your period, and test again using a first morning urine.

Spotting may mean absolutely nothing.  Can't make any assumptions about pregnancy.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...