Maternal & Child Community
could i possibly ovulate 4 days before my period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. We had sex on the typical days they say you ovulate... My last period was may 1st. I am not due until june 2nd, i have a 32 day cycle. I have cramps and am super bloated and cranky.. all period signs. I took a first response test and it came up Negative. I don't know what else to do. Everyone says it will just happen.. but it hasn't and I'm getting annoyed. Is there a possiblity I could ovulate right before my period??
I know the month I got pregnant they said I ovulated late, but I don't know how late. But a pregnancy test didn't show positive until I was 4 days late.  I was also really crampy, but they felt different then period cramps. good luck, baby dust and keep us updated!
I myself had a hard time conceiving because I was actually ovulating right before my period. Anywhere from 5 to 7 days before my start day. I was normally ttc around the week of day 14. 2 days before, and 2 days after. I realized that the 14 day rule didnt apply to me when I got pregnant over a week past my ovulation date. However I m/c with that pregnancy on 5/3, so im back to trying again. I chose to use an opk this time to speed up the process.

Good Luck!
It is definitely possible to ovulate right before your period, but not a very good thing because of having such a short luteal phase (the period of time between your ovulation day and the start of your period). If your luteal phase is less than about 10 days, it may be defective and can cause miscarriage if you do conceive. So i would use an ovulation kit to determine when you ovulate and if you find you are ovulating right before your period, talk to your doctor and discuss some preventative measures, such as maybe some progesterone cream or clomid or something that would be able to help with a short luteal phase. Of course you may be ovulating in the middle of your cycle as well, but you would really need to either chart your temperature or use OPKs to determine when you are in fact ovulating. HTH!
Hi i have been off the pill about 5 months. ttc for about 5 months.  My cycle was about 33 to 35 days for about 4 months and last month Af came on day 21. I have been using the ovulation kit this month and I don't seem to be ovulating? Its been 26 days from my AF. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do about conceiving? I did take a pregnancy test and it came out negative.  
Hi, I stopped using birth control a year ago.  I didn't have a period for eight months, saw the doctor, they gave me pills to have a period. I finally had a period, then didn't ovulate for three months.  Finally I ovulate, had sex, thought I was set.  Then I began my period seven days later.  HELP.  I already have two children, but would like one more. My cycles are really long (30-50 days).  I seem to ovulate right before my period.  What can I do.
Hi, I've been trying to fall pregnant for the past year & everytime I think I'm pregnant I end up getting my period & it's abit dissapointing. My Doctor said it will be hard for me to conceive, but I don't bare that in mind. I believe that it's possible I will get pregnant. Just have hope & ladies don't give up I'm not! Baby dust to all of you:).
Eggs that come after the 14th day are poor quality ovaries,usually such pregnancies end up as miscarriages.It happened to me and my doc started me on Vit e supplements and folic acid for three months and I was over weight I also started dieting basing on my blood type and with in 2 weeks the difference could be noticed.My cycle normalised well and was able to conceive again.