cramping after ovulation
Hello.

I have a question. What causes cramping after ovulation. I thought it was weird this has been happening for a few months now. So I started writing it down when it happened and charting my period and ovulation and sexual activity. My periods are regular (28day) and are 7 days in length. In December 2003, the cramping started four days past my ovulation and this month of January 2004 it started the day after my ovulation. I ovulated on the 20th according to the ovulation calculator. I had unprotected sex on Jan. 16th, 17th, and on the 22nd. All before and after ovulation. The cramps in December were milder and this month they have elevated to getting stronger day by day and they come and go.
What could this be?

Thank you for your time to read my post and respond.

Sincerely,
D_astate
forgot to add that the cramping last for a four or five days, not just hours and goes away. For example, I have been cramping since the 20th. ... :(

thanks,
That  is a long time to be cramping from ovulation. There are a couple of reasons for the cramping.

1) when the egg bursts through the ovary this can cause slight cramping

2) when the egg bursts through is can cause slight bleeding, this bleeding irritates the lining in the abdomen I believe, but this irritation causes cramping...
I have the exact same thing, I get this pain in my ovary every month after ovulation and some months it can last until AF comes and then no more pain until after ovulation. I have been looking around and I think that the pain may be from an ovarian cyst!? I'm not too sure but at first I was really worried about it especially since I have been TTC so I have noticed it more the last two months. But I ovulated on the 21st or 22nd and the pain started on the 23rd and comes and goes, I actually feel it right now. If you are TTC then I'd go to the doctor and check but people tell me it shouldn't hinder chances of conception because the egg would come out of the non-cyst ovary. I hope that this helps!
A calculator, is only gonna give an average of when women ovulate. Without you tracking things personally, it will probably not be 100% accurate...
I was wondering.. If it was possible that I ovulated early, like on the 17th. Could this be implantation cramps too? That is also forgetting the cramps I had in December, which were not as strong and annoying and shorter in days. But I have read about others miscalculating their ovulation. Since I'm so new at charting, I'm only going on the online calculator thing and not BBT,which I will start doing next month.

Thank you for all the responses.

Sincerely,
D_astate
i have always thought that i was ovulating when the pain on my side came but then i took an ovulation test and it wasnt positive until a few days later. we had intercourse fro 2 days and thought we were in the clear of ovulation but i still have the pain on my side could i not have ovulated yet? and if i have will i still experiance some pain and clear egg white cischarge?