cramping and bloody stool
My wife is 6 weeks pregnant and she is now having cramps with  blood and mucus in her stool.  The blood is a darker color red and there is not a whole lot.  Does anybody have any idea if this is a problem?
I would definitly call the doctor.  I have never heard of anything like this being harmful when it comes to pregnancy, she should still find out whats wrong. When your pregnant you are prone to constipation which causes cramping and you are also prone to hemroids sometimes from constipation which can cause bleeding.  Definitly call the doc but i wouldnt be worried about the pregnancy.
Two of the most common signs of stomach bleeding is blood in the stools or vomit.  The other is black tarry stools and vomit.  Definately contact your doctor.  Also, try to eat several light, bland meals a day.   I hope this helps
I notice a few months ago I found blood in my stool associated with cramping. This happens sometimes when I do not eat a balance diet, and in the morning this would trigger blood in my stool associated with these abdominal pain. I start worry if this is colon cancer. It doesn't happen every day but on and off. What should I do? I am also in school studying to be a register nurse. Please give me your best advice.
i am much farther along in my pregnancy, however, i too have had some bloody stools.
pregnancy causes constipation which can cause hemmoroids and rectal tearing, this kind of bloody stool is normaly bright red in color and right on the surface of the stool or on the tissue. If the blood is dark or tarrry looking this could definetly be a cause for concern. dark blood indicates that the blood has been in the body for awhile, while bright blood means "new blood". so if there is any indication the the blood is dark of the stool is close to black, there could be stomach issues and i would definetly consult the doctor immediatley. i hope you find the information that you need. good luck to you and your wife.