Maternal & Child Community
cramping...almost 28 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

cramping...almost 28 weeks

Hey girls! I will be 28 weeks Tuesday. For the past 2 weeks, I have had some AF like cramping. It's pretty minor, but seems to be getting a little stronger. I was on here browsing through questions and had a little spell so thought I'd post and find out if this is normal. I have them for only a minute or less at a time and they are pretty random but I was just curious if anyone else had them this far along in pregnancy. Thanks! Hope everyone had a good weekend! :)
I have them now at almost 14 weeks (on tues. too), not as far as you, but I don't remember having these sharp back cramps this often with my first..I sure hope it is ok...Maybe it was the dreaded EGGS!!!
bops you must forget about the eggs lol.
ruby keep track of them. go drink a large glass of water and lay on your left side. do you feel you should call your dr??
I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow so I don't think I will worry about going to our women's center or anything. They aren't severe or anything but just seem to be getting stronger by the day. I had cramping all through my first trimester and a little in the second. But around 26 weeks I started getting them again. The past couple days they've gotten worse and today has been the worst so far. Like I said...they are pretty random. Like every several hours. Laying down doesn't seem to help much as sometimes they come on when I am laying down.

It probably was those damn brown eggs, bops! Oh great! lol
maybe braxton hicks contractions?
do you think it is Braxton Hicks?  It would be about time to experience them....at least some do.  Since you said they were random that was the first thing that came to mind.  Let's us know how your appointment goes tomorrow.
I have af like cramps since I got pregnant, and I still get them at 26 weeks.  I asked my dr. and she said it is your uterus growing. If they get severe I would call.
Braxton hicks, thats what I was thinking too, I started to get those like 2 months before I gave birth...
I am wondering if they are BH contractions, too. I have tightening in my stomach several times a day (not at the same time as the cramping) and have been having them since 23ish weeks. They are just uncomfortable, not painful. I thought that those were BH, but maybe not. I will be sure to bring it up with my doc tomorrow but sometimes I feel like you guys are more helpful than him! lol
You should mention it to your dr as it could be a sign of uti. Drink lots of fluids and give a specimen. If untreated, an uti can lead to irreversible ptl. If everything is ok, then it may be round ligament pain from the uterus expanding and rising up in the pelvic region. Best wishes.
Thanks everybody! :) I just got back from my appt. and the doctor said that he wasn't too concerned about it. He said that I should take in lots of fluids and if I notice the cramps persisting and occurring every 5-7 minutes then I should go to our women's center for an evaluation no matter how severe or minor they feel.

Other than that......pretty good appointment. Baby's hb was 138, he's head down and my weight gain was  "awesome". lol
Sounds like Braxton Hicks contractions to me. I cramped a bit off and on through the second trimester of my pregnancy and into the third from round ligament pain (just your insides stretching basically), and I started having BH contractions somewhere in the early 20's week-wise I believe. I will be 33 weeks tomorrow and everything seems to be going well. Don't stress out about the cramps ... completely normal. Just say something to your dr at the next appointment, but it definitely sounds like "pre-contractions"/BH contractions to me.