Maternal & Child Community
cramps and early pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

cramps and early pregnancy

I'm 25 and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for 3 months now. I've been experiencing some cramps(they feel exactly like the cramps I get before my period) for about a week now however I just took the clearblue digital pregnancy test and it came out positive. I was just wandering if it's normal to experience some cramps early in pregnancy and if any of you have experienced this as well. Thank you for taking the time to answer.
I thought I was about to get my period too before I got my BFP. Its normal!! Of course it never did come, thank God!
Congratulations!
Yeah i did. i thought that good ol af was comming but nope, i was preg. i also had a knot the size of my fist(fairly small) in my right brest, thougth i had brestcancer or a cyst or something like that. went to the dr for my yrly pap and told her that i wasnt even really late. just by 3 days, and that i go up to 6 days late sometimes. that i wasnt worried about being preg. she said do i have any symptoms. i said not really. lots of spit, peeing a lot and a lower backach in the right side. she said ok. i got up to get my keys and turned around and she said here is a cup, lets take a test just in case. i said i dont realy see the point but ok. Got into my room, she knocked on the door 5 mins later and said it was pos. i just about cryed.(having 3 mc already)
BUT anyways yes i did have cramp, kinda like period gassy fart cramps.
PS my lump was just my milkglans growing too fast. i am now 18w2d.
GOOD LUCK !!
Definitely normal. I felt very gassy/bloated and that caused my cramps. I am only five weeks, but I have been very blessed thus far in not having any symptoms. I just thought af was starting because I had regular af symptoms ... my two differences were a zit (I never get real zits, just a red bump) and numbness of my hands and feet (I experience this occassionally but never as often as I did in the very beginning of my pg). Best wishes!
that was my first symptom.  I was having so many af type cramps I expected to start af at any second, but it never came.  After about a week of frequent cramps and still no af, I took a pregnancy test (had taken one a week before but was bfn) and sure enough it was positive.  My other symptoms didn't show up for a couple weeks after that.  The cramping actually got so bad I had to go in for two early ultrasounds but everything was fine.
I been feeling a lot of cramping like when you are going to get a period I took 3 pregnancy test and all came back possitive right now I'm almost 5wk I still feel them they come and go.
I felt cramps like I do once my period already starts!  I thought for sure it was coming but once I was 2 days late (I'm never late) I knew something was up!  I continued to have cramps for about a month although they weren't as strong as they were in the beginning.  As long as they aren't accompanied by bleeding don't worry about it.  It's just your uterus stretching already to make room for the little one that's starting to grow!
I have read all the postings, and what each person described pertaining to the cramping is how I feel, but I’m a little confused my husband and I have been trying to conceive, I stopped the pill Aug 24th.. As of last week Sept 11th, I noticed some cramping in my lower stomach, its mostly on my right lower side. I do have lower back pain, but not as bad as my stomach pain.
I was really hoping for a positive, because I really thought my body felt different, but I stopped and got a home pregnancy test, and it was negative. I guess it was all just in my head.    I  thought that the cramps I was having (still am) was because I was going to start my cycle, but I’m not suppose to start for another 2 weeks.
Could the pregnancy test have been wrong?  I still have the cramping, no bleeding, and lower back pain.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! : )
Your cramping sounds like ovulation cramping to me.  Around 14 days after the start of last period, or ovulation time, some women experience cramping.  I think this is the case for you, since you said your pain is mostly on your right lower side.  My husband and I are trying to conceive as well.  I am also having cramping, but the cramps occur more all over my uterus.  In the past, I have experienced slight spotting around the time of ovulation.  Also, if your period is not due for another 2 weeks, it is to early to take a home pregnancy test and get accurate results.  Most home pregnancy tests don't give accurate results until the first day of your missed period.  Although some hpt can give you results up to 5 days before your missed period.  

I appreciate the feedback : )!!.. Mine also occurs all over my uterus, but the pain is sharper on my right side.  

We were just married on in sept, went off pill in aug to start trying. just so happens time of ovulation was right around date of wedding... Lucky us! I have been late before. Endometreosis. went on lupron shot for 6 months then straight to bc pills. maybe about 2-3 wks ago i noticed little discharge with very light pink when i wipped. then maybe a week later had heavier than normal discharge it was clear and odorless also with this weird feeling in utures area... not pain but a noticable different feeling. now when af is expected i am having light cramping mostly at night. not quite a week late yet... too afraid of the bfn to take test!! any suggestions... should i just wait another week to see if af comes along...
Anyone has any ideas. My hubby and I have been TTC, for over a year now. With no luck. I have had irregular cycles for most of my life. I am 25. But recently for the past three months they have been here every 25 days. I last saw my Mc on the 29 of last month, lasted four days, which is a norm for me. We had sex on the day after, its now, the 8th day and I have been having some really bad back pains, with very slight on and off cramping in my cervix, feels much like pms cramping but a little lighter. I am also passing gas more than usual. On and off headaches as well.a little help anyone.