Maternal & Child Community
dark red blood clots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

dark red blood clots

Hi, I am almost 6 weeks pregnant and i started spotting brown.  Then I noticed I started to feel period crampy and started having bright red blood spotting.  It has gradually gotten worse and now i'm passing dark red blood clots.  Mainly when I wipe, and it typically doesn't get on a pad.  I had a blood test done 2 days ago and another one scheduled for tomorrow.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I've also noticed my breast aren't as tender and i don't have the nausea I had.  I'm fearful I'm having a miscarriage.
I experienced the same thing around the same time during this pregnancy except I didn't have any cramps, but I did have bright red spotting and some blood clots.  I had an ultrasound the day after the bleeding started and the baby was fine.  Try not to worry because bleeding doesn't always end in miscarriage although it is a possibility.  I am 30 weeks and 4 days along now.
Avatar n tn
Thank you so much for commenting.  I go to the doctor tomorrow and pray everything is okay.  Your story gives me hope.  But I know I have a 50/50 chance.

Best of luck to you!