Maternal & Child Community
dealing with stillbirth(trying again)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

dealing with stillbirth(trying again)

I lost my baby boy on 2/12/04. I was 15 weeks. I went into the Dr. office for a checkup and they were unable to find a heartbeat. They did an ultrasound and told me that the baby was gone and probably died a week before.  They suggested a D&C but I refused.  I wanted my baby so much and I at least wanted to see it.  I asked them to induce me and they did.  The induction only took 9 1/2 hrs when it usually takes 3-5 days.  At 5:30 a.m. I delivered a perfect baby boy, we named Jacob Robert.  He had all ten toes and all ten fingers.  The only thing that was not formed was his ears.  He was so tiny and beautiful.  The nurse told me and my husband to wait 3 months to try again, but the dr. told me to only wait til 1 cycle.  Does anyone know when I should expect it to return.  I confused because the dr. told me that Jacob was a stillborn since I delivered him, but since it was before the 20th week he is technically considered a miscarriage.  My husband and I want to have another child as soon as we can.  I think it would help me to deal with the loss of Jacob and the fact that my sister-in-law, who I am very close to is pregnant was is due only 3 weeks after I was to be due with her 4th.  I am afraid of how I am going to deal with her being pregnant and fat and also how I going to react to my new niece or nephew, they are hoping for a boy. If any one was been through a similar situation please reply.  I have only talked to women who have had a normal miscarriage or a d&c.  I need someone who has went through something like this.
Im sorry to hear about your loss
I am so sorry to hear this and it also scares me a lot.  I am almost 13 weeks and I am a little scared something like this can happen.  I lost one at about 12 weeks back in September and did have a D&C and my periods returned 4 weeks after and I was pg again after the second cycle.  I understand what you mean about being with family who are expecting also.  My sister got pg a few weeks after I did last year and I lost mine while she got to go along with hers.  I did feel pure hatred for her for a while.  I couldn't stand to look at her or here her talk about the baby.  I thought I would resent her baby but I have come to realize it wasn't that poor babies fault so I find myself buying things for that baby and I can't wait to see it.  I am sure I will bawl like crazy the first time I hold her because it will be just a little after I was due to have mine.  Good Luck and any feelings you have towards you Sis in Law will be perfectly normal.

Thank you for responding.  The problem with my sister-in-law is the fact that she and I are really close.  I feel more like she's my sister.  She actually was the one that prayed that I would get pregnant.  When she told me that she was pregnant she thought that I would be mad at her for sharing the spotlight, but I was so happy because we would be going through this together and I would be able to get advice this being my first pregnancy.  Now I am worried about how I will react to her.  Somedays I have no problem seeing her and other days I see her starting to show and I feel like running away.  She actually is really understanding about as is my mother-in-law who I have told about my fears towards the baby and they both are supporting about it.  I just hate how I feel about her because I really love her.  How did you deal with it?  Did you still feel resentment towards her throughout her pregnancy and after the baby was born?
I am so sorry you have had to go through this.  There is little in life more painful than what you have experienced.

You should expect your menstrual cycle to return from 4-8 weeks after your delivery.  Currently, women are counselled to wait 3 cycles after a miscarriage before trying again, but many can and do conceive the next month.  

Do think about giving yourself and your body just a bit longer to heal.  You delivered much later than is typical for a miscarriage, and your body may need a bit more time to heal.  Your doctor will probably see you within 6 weeks after delivery.  Talk honestly to him or her then about not wanting to wait.  If you don't have a furthur appt scheduled, make one for about that time to discuss these issues.  No one here can tell you whether or not to wait, because we don't know your medical history and the particulars of your delivery.  

Good luck, and may God bless.  

I had resentment for my sister for about 2 months.  She knew how I felt and did not talk about it at all around me.  If anyone asked her about it in front of me she got really quiet and took the person away from me.  It did help a lot getting pg again.  I think the reason I was so upset is because she smokes and does not take care of herself and she is in a terrible relationship and I thought it was just unfair because I did everything right and have a wonderful relationship with my husband I just didn't understand why she got to keep hers while I had to lose mine.  It is still hard sometimes seeing her.  She has not had her baby yet she is due in about a month or so.  It will be hard to see that baby at first but I am sure I will be fine after a while.  Hang in there.  I know you love your SIL like a sister but it is normal if you feel jealous.  Maybe you could tell her that.  If she feels that close to you she will understand.  Let us know how it goes.
First off, let me tell you how sorry I am for your loss.  I can't imagine the strength it would take to go on after that.

Well, there is alot of controversy on the subject as far as how long to wait.  Most dr.'s will usually say 1-3 cycles, but honestly, I think it's as long or as little as you seem fit. If you are mentally ready to handle the situation, I would go for it.  I think if your body isn't ready to handle another pregnancy at that time, you will not get pregant that first, second or even 3rd cycle.  So go for it if you feel up to it.  Good luck and lots of baby dust.
I'm sorry to hear of what you went through, but wanted to let you know that I lost my little girl at 16weeks. Smae situation as yours. I went in for the resluts for my AFP test b/c they came back abnormal and they couldn't find her heartbeat. Ob said she probably died a few days before. I don't know specifically what you are going through (b/c I'm not you), but I have been there. As far as trying again, it's really up to you. Your body does take a little more time to heal b/c of how far along you were. I opted for a D&E b/c I couldn't go through labor. Everything turned out fine and we got the autopsy results back and found out there was nothing wrong with her. Which was hard to take at first, but eventually you just realize that is what GOD intended to happen. Take it easy......and when you feel emotionally and physically ready....start trying again.

As far as your SIL......that's hard. No one is going to fault you for feeling mad or hurt or jealous. This was your time as well and now it's been taken away from you. Deal, the best way you know how and do what you need to do to get through this.
I wish you the best and let me know how you're doing!
Hi my name is Hope and i have been there too. I have lost 5 babies all were before 12 weeks except my son... i was around 18 or 19 weeks when i went in for my u/s.... i was so excited to be finding out what the sex was and instead i found out he had died at some point. i was in total shock to say the least... i mean i jsut heard his heartbeat 2 weeks earlier... to make matters worse my Doc thought it would be best for me to allow thing to happen naturally... later i learned that was not right... anyway i carried him 7 more weeks, dead. everyday i begged God to make him live again... well finally i went into labor on my own and delivered a baby boy.. named Elijah...( meaning God is my salvation) nothing was wrong and the autopsy showed no cause of death....my milk came in and my nursery was there to look at... and i was empty... i wanted to die. for one year i prayed and i got pregnant again... and i miscarried my 5th child... that's when i found this sight... and i cannot explain it but God gave gave me the faith to beleive again.. and now I'm expecting a baby girl July 30th..and i prayed for her and i know that this baby is going to be able to stay with me... her name is Hannah Grace...(means "favored by God") I'm so proud to be her mother.. your body will return to normal quickly... in  few weeks and you can start again. please know that you are not alone and that it is God's will for you to have a baby... Hope
I really have to say that I have respect for all of you who have lost a baby... and have went on to try again.  I am currently 18 weeks and 4 days and I really do not know how I would get through it..especially with NO answers as to why they have passed away.  I guess once it happens to you then you figure out a way to get through it.  

Gina
I am so sorry for your loss.

I agree with Christie. This is clearly a question for your dr. It is also one to be discussed with your husband.  Often during a loss such as many of us have experienced, m/c AND stillbirth, the father is overlooked. Nobody asks him how he feels about the loss or even expects him to grieve as the mother does.  You may find that your husband needs more time to mourn your son or faces fears typical of a parent who has lost a child and needs time to resolve those fears. Anyway, just a thought.

I'm sorry to hear about this.  I don't know what to say, there's nothing I can say, its horrible to go thru this.  But its true, time does heal (somewhat). just hang in there.  It'll be tough, but things WILL get better.  My thoughts and prays are with you and your family.
I know how you feel.  I lost my little boy when I was 21 weeks pregnant.  I went into labor unexpectantly on Jan 17 and I delivered my baby.  He was born alive but only lived for a minute since his lungs were not fully formed.  My next doctors visit was horrible since the doctor could not explain what happened he simply said I had an infection in the uterus and that was it.  I am so worried it might happen again that I am afraid to get pregnant.  I had my first period this month and I am trying again even though my doctor told me to wait 3 months.  I somehow think that by getting pregnant again I will feel better but it also scares the hell out of me.  I too am jelous of a couple friend we have that got pregnant a few months after we did.  Don't feel bad about your feelings towards your sister in law most people who have lost a baby and have a relative or friend pregnant feel the same.  Good luck
Hi, I am so sorry for your loss. I feel so sad for you and your DH. It's aweful that you had to go through this, gees. I don't even know what to say to comfort you. I understand how you feel about you Sil, I feel the same way when I see any pregnant women, jealous and it hurts like hell. I m/c at 5 weeks in Feb, 12 weeks in Aug and 8 weeks 10 years ago so I can feel your pain or close to it. Please take care of yourself,get lots of rest and keep taking your prenantal vitmins and good luck with the future. I'm sure you will get pregnant again real soon, you will know when you are ready! We're here for you whenever you needs us. Take care.
I had the same thing happen to me.  I lost my twin boys at 18 weeks.  They're hearts stopped beating sometime between weeks 16-18.  I also had to deliver them because I was so far along. On October 14, 2003 at 3:59 and 4:12 a.m. I delivered James and David Durham.    

It's easier for me to talk via email since I'm at work.  You are more than welcome to email me at ***@**** and we can talk about our situations in more detail. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as I know how hard this situation is to handle.  
I am sorry for your loss, I had my 2nd miscarriage 4 weeks ago at 11 weeks and lost my twins. (No children yet). It has been one of the hardest things that I had to go through both mentally and physically. I felt anger and resentment towards friends whom have had children or who are pregnant.  I've just continued to pray to God to help me get through this.  My husband and I will start to try again this next week as I have started my period 3 days ago.

Good Luck and God Bless!
How long ago did you loss you little girl? Today is an ok day for me.  Usually I am a really upbeat person, but now I just feel down.  Not totally depressed just continuous blue.  I have been babysitting a little 2 year old boy, Skyler, and at first I thought it would be hard, but it is helping me.  He knew we were going to have a baby and he asked about "Jajum" every time we see another baby.  It just makes Jacob seem more real when people talk about him and ask ? about him.  Skyler's mom just told me today that she has a friend with a 3 mth old and that she is going to go back to work.  She wanted to know if I would be interested in watching her baby, a little boy.  Was it too soon, or would it be hard?  I think it would help.  I was just talking to my husband about wanting to watch a baby.  Its a answer to my prayers.
I can relate to your situation.  I too had stillborn child December 12.  I was 19 weeks pregnant and went in for my check-up and their was no heartbeat.  We also decided to deliver the baby so I could bury him ( Charles Howard)  It took me a day and a half for inducing labor to work and it was the most horrible thing I have ever had to do.  We have had 7 losses with this being the latest we have gone before losing him.  My husband and I are going to try again as soon as the doctor clears us to do so, but everyday I go and visit him and it hurts like it did 2 1/2 weeks ago.
i loss my twins at 18 weeks, doc induce me and i dont know how take me to delivery my babies, this was in May 23 07 i still can believe I MISS SO MUCH MY BABIES i feel all ur pain aim very sorry..
I lost my first son to stillbirth.  I went in on Aug 2nd, 01 for a routine exam, saw the heartbeat, the doc even let my then 5 yr old do the dopplar.  The next day I lost my plug and started leaking fluid, went to the hospital and there was no heartbeat.  I 37 wks 3 days.  I was devasted...I screamed at the nurses to get my doctor and told them they HAD to find the heartbeat.  I opted to go on with a vaginal delivery (as opposed to c-section).  Becuase the baby was already dead they gave me morphine which pretty well kept me doped and sedated.  I ended up staying in the mother/baby ward for over 24 hours, hearing all the other baby's crying...

I remember the feelings of hopelessness, wondering why.  Everytime I saw or heard about someone being pregnant I was angry and jealous.  But the more I talked about it to people, or wrote about (I wrote 3 poems, 2 were read at his funeral), the better I felt.  almost 2 years later, in July 03 I gave birth to a beatiful healthy baby girl.  During my whole pregnancy with her I was terrified and paranoid.  

Things will work if you have faith.  It may help for you to get some grief counseling, Read other peoples stories.  I found a poem awhile back called "The Cord" I don't remember who it's by but it helped me a great deal.  
I am so relieve to hear I am not the only one out there. I Lost my baby girl (Angie) at 21 wks. I heard her heartbeat just the week before and then all of a sudden, she stopped moving. I was induced the next day and gave birth to her 10 hrs later. A perfect baby. Couple days later, I woke up with chills and joint aches....my Hubby rushed me to the ER and turned out I had an infection in the uterus. I was so scare that it will affect my chance of getting pg again. I am griefiing hard and don't know how to face my best friend and SIL, both are due at the same time as I me. just last week, I found out my other SIL is with child as well...I have not talked to any of them, I am keeping my distance with everybody I know. I don't know when will I be ready but I am giving myself time.
We will ttc as soon as the doc ok it and I am sure I will get pg again, but no matter what, I will always love my baby Angie and she will always be with me, I know.
I had a full term still born.  I went for a check up at 37 weeks, we heard the heartbeat and it was really good.  The next day I went into labor and upon arriving at the hospital they found no heartbeat.  My son was born the next day weighing 6 lbs 7 oz.  It turned out to be cord related.  I have also had 2 miscarriages, one at 9 wks and one at approx 6 wks.  Dealing with loss is hard and it's normal to be angry and even jealous towards women who are pregnant or just had a baby.  But eventually those  feelings subside.  I think that only you know your body best and if you feel ready to start trying after 1 cycle, go for it.  I'd like to point out that I also have 3 beautiful children ages 11, 4 and 3 and I am 13 weeks pregnant.  My pregnancies and losses were mixed.  I had my first, then a m/c, then the still born, then had my last two children 14 months apart, had the 2nd m/c last year and now pregnant.  There is hope...but you do need to take time to go through the grieving process.  
Hi,I know how it feels i m goin through the same thing I had my baby boy on 8th January at 22 weeks after trying for four years since I hav PCos.He was alive but doctors wouldnt save him since he was so young I went inot labour because I was fully dilated and diagnosed with Incompetent Cervix.I miss him every day and my sister in law is also expecting her baby boy .It was only a month difference.I was due on MAy 18th and she is due on April 15th.Im so scared to hold her baby when she delivers him and also when i see her pregnant I feel more about my loss .I m so desperate to get pregnant again i did get my first cycle did ovulate and would try this cycle since my doctor said I can.I know next pregnancy would be a challenge too coz I would have stitches but I would still try.Good luck with u too.
I am sorry for your loss. I also had a little baby boy at 19weeks. was having cramps , went to hosiptal, they put me in a bed and did nothing at all.I was crying too hear my babys heart beat and in the end they let me.so pleased too hear his little heart was beating, they they sent me home,and told me I was going too m/c at some time. got home,in bad pain, the only place I could get comfortble was the toilet, gave birth to a little boy at 3;30am screaming and crying had too get him out of the toilet.. wrapped him in a towel, rang the hosiptal had go in, still carrying my baby in my arms they did a d/c on me,found out there was nothing at all wrong with my perfect little boy, they told my i could not have a funrel for him because I was under 20weeks. but how could you not I had been with him for hours, so ocourse I saidmy goodbyes and gave him a funral...
Hello ladies,

So sorry that we have all experianced such a terrible event, I lost my baby sienna at 33 weeks 6 weeks ago. im still completely devastated, it also is hurting so much to know she would have been born next week.

The only thing i can think of is trying again.. the emptiness inside is so overpowering. sometimes i wake up and think maybe its not true.. did this really happen? i miss her so much. She died of a massive feto maternal haemmorage where my placenta allowed her blood to escape into my system. i had no idea anything was wrong untill i didnt feel any movements for 24 hours.

I still havent had my period yet and i have never wanted it so much. at least then i know i can try again. i dont think getting pregnant will ever ever replace my daughter, that will never be the case, however i am still longing to be a mum, sienna was my first and i never thought anything could go wrong.

we just have to be strong. and have some hope in our hearts that it will happen one day, and we will get to take our bubbas home safely xxxx
hi, i have just recently lost my wee beutifull baby boy through still birth, i was 36 weeks, its the hardest thing to cope with. When i found out 3weeks ago that my ben had passed away i was distraut and had to wait 3 days before they induced me, when they did i was 13 hours in labour, my gorgeous boy was absalutly perfect in every way but they think a blood clot killed him and i had pre-eclampsia. I had to sign a lot of forms to give consent to have a post mortom done to find out and then i asked when it would be a good time to start tryin again for another because i think thats the only way il get over my loss, my consolent told me to wait untill i have at least one period, the berievment midwife told me to wait at least 7 - 8months but she may as well have told me to cut off my two legs and then the midwife that was lookin after me told me that i dont have to wait, just go as soon as you feel ready and i explained that i was ready now and she said well then you know what to do and that was only 3weeks ago. i am currently tryin because i think thats what i need to deal with this. Some might think that i bearly waited to bury my son before doin this but i dont care because i think im doin it for my son to and any brothers r sisters he will have will all be brought up to know that they have had a big brother but he's an angel now watchin us and lookin after us. I will never foget nor properly get over ben but i need to move on and plan for the future. So when ever u feel menatly ready and strong enough to cope witha nother pregnancy go for it. You can get pregnant from a couple of weeks after giving birth just keep check on the celender. Good luck. Stacyxxx
I just went through the same thing a month ago. I was 23 weeks and I went in for a normal check-up, when they couldn't find his heartbeat I felt inside of me that he was gone. They induced me for 3 days before I went into labor. It was so horrible to hold my little Eli Kristopher in my arms and know that he couldn't come back home with me, instead I had to bury him a week later.. Did they ever tell you what happened? I'm still waiting for the hospital to tell me. Also, how long did you bleed for after you had the baby? I bled for about a week then the bleeding stopped, then about 3 days later I started bleeding really heavy and it's been going on for about 3 weeks..
I'm sorry that you have gone through this. Losing a child is never an easy thing.  I had a fullterm stillbirth due to a cord accident.  My son would have been 9 this year.  Again, I'm very sorry.  

There is hope though, I have had 4 successful pregnancies since then.  
i also had  a full term still born of 40wks and 3 days. my Dr believe an existing fibroid on my uterus could have caused it. its really painfull u know.
I have some idea about what your going through. I had a miscarriage in 2001 but i became again pregnant a month later. That pregnancy went full term and i have a beautiful healthy baby girl. Unfortunately i lost my baby girl A'lecia Marie Greulich on 10/18/2010 she was full term at 37 weeks 6days just shy of 38 weeks. i went into labor and that's when we discovered there was no longer a heartbeat. The dr did an ultrasound and said she passed away 2 days before i went into labor. i was an emotional wreck. I had an ultrasound a week before and she passed with flying colors. I gave birth to her but cried the whole time i was in labor. She was sooo...beautiful. God i miss her but i will try again. My sister is also pregnant and we were 2 months apart. She's having a baby shower but i can't go. I'm happy for her but I'm sad for myself and can't go. It's to soon and she understands. I understand what your feeling. my god i can go on anyway please stay strong and don't give up.
i know what you feel. i cant write about it because it makes me go into a deep deep depression... my abby boy would be almost 5 years old :'( stay strong. life dows go on, even though it seems like time is frozen. broken hearts and broken dreams. nothing on earth could get you worse. there is no physical pain in the world can even begin to compare to the pain of losing a child... i keep you in my heart. i keep all of you strong women in my heart for dealing with this tremendous pain.
I just lost my baby- I was 30 weeks along and I didnt feel movement for 24 hours and went in for an ultrasound when they told he he was dead. I was induced for 2 days when he finally came. He was perfect- I still have no cause of his death. I wish I had a reason because it makes the thought of getting pregnant that more terrifying. Without a reason I am so scared it will happen again. Eventually I will try again, maybe 6 months down the line.
I know how you feel me and my wife lost our baby 5 days ago. April 26,2011 at 4:40 we went through the same thing you did. Doctor check-up and everything. We were in the hospital for two days. Right now im being strong to help my wife so she doesnt slip into depression but just seeing her face make everything so hard. we wanted to have another baby asap but we have to get back on track before we do.
i lost my beautiful baby boy this July...it was so hard to deal with...i carried him for 17 great weeks...i went in for a normal check up and they said i had no fluid in my sac but his heart was still beating strong...i had to go to the high risk doctor and he said my baby only had a 5% chance of survival and 3 days later i noticed the cord was in my vagina and when i got to the hospital they told me i was misscarrying him...but his heart was still beating...sometime between 8:30PM and 2:00AM he passed away...i was bleeding for 2 weeks straight before i lost him and nobody bothered to figure out why...i went to the hospital and doctor several times...i had him like a regular delivery...i named him Alecq Bradford he was 6inches and 3ounces...he was beautiful and perfect...i am currently trying to get pregnant and think i might be...dont loose hope and do what you feel is right...people say i need to grieve but this is the only way i know how...i am supposed to be a mother and i feel it and i will NEVER forget about my alecq he will always be my first born child my special little baby...i know he was special cause his due date was december 25...he only takes the best!!!
I was going into my 19th week of pregnancy at the end of this last sept, 2011. I had experienced a small amount of spotting earlier in the day, called the doctor, and they said it sounds like im ok because i was having no cramping and the blood was a brownish color... Meaning old blood. Went back to work later that day, spotted the entire night til after I got off work, stopped and grabbed some taco bell on the way home around midnight cause I was soo hungry. As im eating it, I start feeling cramps (like an upset stomach on your period)... Very shorly after they started I felt a pop and burst of water.... Yes, my water broke. In the ER they couldnt find a heartbeat and I had to give birth, but was able to hold my baby for the two days that I was there. It didnt make it easier, probably harder, but I would do anything to be back in a hospital bed holding him.
On halloween I was excited to go for my 20 wk scan the morning after, hoping for a boy.  Before getting in bed I went toilet and found blood so I went up to delivery suite wer I was scanned etc and told my baby was dead.  I was induced 2 days later and gave birth to a boy.  He was perfect and had everything!.  Its only 4 weeks ago and im still crying most of time. Me n my husband wer comforting each other  about a wk n half ago n went on to make love. We both cried after with guilt but im praying im pregnant again! But am scared of this happening again as im high risk at 42 yrs old.  Any advice?
.Hi i to just lost my beauitful little boy on the 3rd of october 5lb 2oz at 36 weeks due to cord being round hes neck 4times we named him harrison i ask every day why me?? why my little harrison?? hes due date was on the 30th of october which is the day i lost my dad 6 years ago so that day is such a heartbreaking day i had such a awful pregancy bleeding up in till i was 14weeks then at 20weeks they found a rare defect problem at the scan harrison had the corpus callosum missing which is bundles of fibes im the brain cut the story short from then i had every test goin the amo test two mri scans and like 20 scans under the womans top hospital in birmingham every thing came back fine part from harrison just had this missing cuz normally there means other problems with the corpus callosum missing which would mean 80% chance that harrisom would have no problems 20% he mite have some learning problems at 32 weeks they discharged me and told me i could now enjoy my pregancy this was tueday harrison died on the sunday me and my sister are so close she is preganat and is due in 14 days its so hard she dont no the sex all i can think about is getting preganant and is missing a massive part in my life life can be so hard at times just want to share my story with you xxxx .
I just gave birth to my baby I named him Christian he lived for a hour I held him in my arm he made a few noises and moved also I miss him so much I want to have another because I feel it will help me get through the hurt Christian will always be my first child and he's in heaven right now I live him so much and I know its going to take me a long time to come to peace with it but I will never get over it love u Christian forever
I know exactly what you are going through. I was 32 weeks when I went in for a routine checkup, everything was fine and I went home, only to start bleeding profusely 8 hours later. My son, Aubree, died from placental abruption. What makes it painfully hard to bear, is that my older sister is 25 weeks pregnant and constantly rubs her stomach and talks about her childs future in front of me.. And I found out yesterday that my YOUNGER sister is pregnant also, with a man who disrespects her significantly. On top of those, I have to stomach being surrounded by 3 children 7 and under, it's frustrating and I feel like I'm being taunted. I discussed with my doctor when I could get pregnant again, and he said immediately, as there was no extreme medical reason that I couldn't. They will advise you to use caution until you are emotionally ready, which I believe most people are after losing their child, so go ahead! I have a book that was given to me called "Empty Cradle, Broken Heart", and it said that having a child soon after a m/c or stillbirth can help ease your emotional pain, as it makes your unborn child become more realistic as we often put our unborn on a pedestal and believe they would have been images of perfection(meaning no tantrums or crying). If you are worried about how your next pregnancy will be, talk to your doctor. They will probably be able to administer more ultrasounds and appointments to closely moniter your baby, that's what my doctor said was REQUIRED for my next pregnancy, because they don't want history to repeat itself. But please, if you feel ready to become pregnant, start trying as soon as possible, even before you start your cycle. It is recommended to have sex at least three times a week because sperm can live up to 5 days, and the egg only lasts 24 hours(ish), so it improves your chances of the sperm being able to fertilize the egg as soon as possible. Good luck to you! If you would like to talk, email me at: rainbow.***@****
I had given birth to my son I was only 23weeks on march31,12..it was painful because im so ready to try again..I've been waiting but I feel as if im ready but my body is telling me something differently my period is crazy it feels like its another baby in there.my baby sister is due to have her baby right after I was suppose to have my son..it takes a while to get OVA something like dat I haven't.its been only 2months since I had him.
Im still trying to get better from this situation.im hurt cuz. We really wanted this baby im so ready to try again.
I am very sorry for your loss.  It does take time to heal from something like that.  Peace to you.
hi I just gave birth to my baby boy on sat. I was also 15 weeks. Ive been bleeding my whole pregnancy and was told I had a blood clot in my uterus that had to drain. I was also told it can cause me to go into labor early but I also had a good chance to carry full term. unfortunately my water broke and a few hours later i had him. This has been extremely hard for myself and my husband but the hospital staff were so good to us they made it alittle easier. Ive also had lots of support from family. My doctor told me if i decided to try for another child to wait at least 3 months. My poor little boy never had a chance what was thought to be a blood clot was actually my placenta collecting pools of blood. It never attacted the way its suppose to and also cause me to have a D&C hours after giving birth. Just know you are not alone its only been a few days for me but I hope this gets better
On sept 5, 2012, I delivered my son, Ryan Matthew, at 4:40am at 20 weeks 5 days gestation. He died at some point between 4:30pm on sept 4th until I delivered him. My water broke at 20 weeks 1 day. On sept 4th his umbilical cord prolapsed through my cervix because I was slightly dialated and started going into labor. He was perfect. He will always be perfect. I miss him more than words can express but I would love to have another child. His cause of death is listed as preterm premature rupture of membranes. I too was wondering how long you have to wait to be able to start trying again. Also how soon is it possible to get pregnant after giving birth? I have heard the first three weeks after birth you are the most fertile. Any truth to that?