Maternal & Child Community
depo provera

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

depo provera

hey,

i just wanted to know if anyone out their has ever used depo for a long time and was still able to get pregnant?

i have been using depo for about 6 years now and i am scared that i may not be able to get pregnant.

thanks,
                                tina
that is a long time. I only used it for about a yr when i was much younger. I have a toddler and one on the way so i didnt have a problem. The sooner u are off of it and let your system readjust the sooner u will be able to conceive.
It is possible to have a baby after being on depo for a long period of time. Keep in mind it takes depo 12-18 months to get out of your system. So once you are off of it do not expect to get pregnant quickly.
I was on it for 5 years! Decided to have a child after that. It took 2.5 years! I went back on Depo after that child and took my last shot this time in April. I havent stopped bleeding since! Im gettting so upset and I wanna know when it will end! Its been 8 months!