Maternal & Child Community
depressed-job change-please vote

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

depressed-job change-please vote

I wanted to ask your opinion on an issue that has occupied me for sometime now.  I have a job opportunity that is much better than my curent job, but is also more challenging. I just had my second miscarriage, and as a result I am a little depressed. Some days I am positive, but there are days that I feel so down that I would rather be alone and not be bothered. I dont know that under the circumstances changing job is a good idea (I am planning to try again next month). I am very scared that the demanding nature of the new job might take a toll on my emotional state. On the other hand, I think that maybe a change and a more active job might help me get out of the negative mood. What do you think? Please help.
If you think you can physically handle it, I say go for it. I would, were I in your position. I'm about to ask for a job transfer from my current job because i like the company but my boss is... i don't think there's a way to put it nicely. She was extremely rude and unhappy that my doc at the fertility clinic took me out for like a week and a half two weeks, and was mean and harassing the day I had to call in sick to go to the emergency room! So, if I were you, if it seems as though the challenges are going to energize you, go for it! Goodluck!
If you have the opportunity to take a job that will better your career, then I think you should do it. It may take your mind off of things as well.
Live in the now.
Let nature takes its course and take one day at a time.
Good luck to you!