Maternal & Child Community
different blood types
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

different blood types

i would like any info you ladies might have about having a different blood type than the baby. my cousin is 27wks and she just found out that she is o- and her baby is o+. how serious is this???
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Its not serious at all if its her 1st baby........the only danger is that if baby's blood mixes with mums during labor/birth, mums body can produce antibodies which will affect subsequent pregnancies if the future babies are RH+............however this can be overcome by receiving a Rhogam shot after the baby is born..........she may even get one or two whilst she is still pregnant......tell your cousin she and baby willl be fine. :)

Hayley xx
Blank
I'm just curious how they got the baby's blood type so early, did they do an amnio?  Anyway, the above post is right, she will just get the Rhogam shot and be fine.  I think they do it anytime mom is negative and dad is positive.  I was lucky and we are both positive, but she should be fine as long as the Dr. is aware.  Congrats to your cousin.
Blank
this is her 2nd pregnancy and they checked this one since she had the same problem with her 1st about 8yrs. ago. she did have the amnio and she is sooo worried since it has taken her this long to conceive again...

thank you for answering to my post.
Blank
175662_tn?1282217256
RH Factor can be serious, but they give shots depending on if its the mother that is negative or positive (She should be getting them I believe since she's -)

If it was different blood types totally (ie.  O mom and A baby) the babies tend to get Jaundice (I've had 2 babies now like this)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...