Maternal & Child Community
dilated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

dilated

I just got back from the doctor.  I am 37 weeks.  2 centimeters dilated, 60% effaced, and minus one station.  Anyone in similar circumstances go quick?  take a while?  

I'm anxious to get this baby out of my body.  :-)
I was 2 cm from 36 weeks on, baby came 1 week late.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

You however may be differant and my pop that baby out of there any day.
You can go back and forth up until you go into labor. You can be 2 cm and 60% today and only be 1 cm and 25% a week from now. Unless you are in labor and continue to change your cervix. Is is your first baby? They usually take longer. Sorry. Try to take it easy the last couple of weeks. Your baby will come when it is ready.
ugh.. you guys just arent cooperating with what i want to hear lol :-)

Nah, this is my third pregnancy.  With my first (six years ago) i was only 1 centimeter dilated and then went into labor 2 weeks late... with my second last year i was again only 1 centimeter dilated and that lasted for about two weeks and then i was induced (with this one I went from 4 centimeters to birth in 45 mins tho).  

i just kinda hoped 2 was a magic number lol.  I never had my effaced and station numbers before either.  i know what they are and what they mean, i just dont know the effect on labor.  

I, however, didnt know that I could go backwards.  that is definitely something I didnt want to hear lol.  
The fact that you are already changing station is a good sign.  Like the other's said, you can dilate and be effaced and it mean nothing but once the baby starts changing station it should move along, hopefully.  Maybe you won't have much longer.  Best of luck!
Last week I was 2 cm 75% effaced and still nothing has happened :) At my dr appt yesterday I was up to 3 cm and I honestly don't think it means anything, I'm definitely not gonig to let myself think it could be anytime, it just makes me more impatient.
With it being your 3rd pregnancy. You could go quicker. But it is normal for women who have had babies before to dilate earlier. Don't give up hope. You can't stay pregnant forever.
when i had my dd i was not dilated at all that morning but by eleven that same night i was at 5 and had her by seven the next morning.