disappearing heartbeat?
I'm 10 weeks and 2 days.

I rented one of those doppler things. They say you can use it beginning at 10-12 weeks. It came on Friday when I was 9w5d and I couldn't find the hb at all.

I tried again on Sunday when I was exactly 10w and found it easily. I listened to it again Sunday night and last night, found it rather easily and listened for a long time. It was between 146 and 152 according to the digital display.

Then just now I tried for over 45 minutes and couldn't find it at all, not even a hint of it.

What is going on???? Of course I'm freaking out and imagining the worse...somebody please calm me down. Has this happened to anybody else? Could the baby just be hiding or something?

HELP!!!!!
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it could be possible that your placenta is in the front, and the baby might be behind it, making it hard to hear. 9 weeks is pretty early to pick up the heartbeat with a doppler.

The one time I used a doppler I think I picked up my own heart rate and mistook it for the baby's. I'm not always the brightest crayon in the box. :) But you said you have one with a digital display, the one I was using wasn't that high tech.

I hope this helps a little.
Babies move around alot. I know of a couple of people who bought those and then freaked when they couldn't detect a heartbeat. Don't worry yourself needlessly odds are you just didn't find the right spot to hear it. If you've heard it the last couple of days then its nothing to really worry about and if you had trouble hearing it the first time then that just shows how picky those things can be. Take a deep breath and try to calm down (stressing never helps with pregnancy) and wait a couple hours and try again... if you still don't hear anything call your doctor in the morning and explain to him your fears. That's what doctors are for! I'm sure he'll reassure you that all is well.
To be honest with you, there were many times that I would go to the doctor and they could find the heartbeat and I would go the next time, and they couldnt find it at all. It could just be the way your baby is turned. But, just to make yourself feel a little better, go to the doctor and ask to be checked. He may not even be able to find it. It is a little bit early too. I didnt hear my daughters heartbeat until about 12 or 13 weeks. Hope all goes well for you and your baby!
Thanks you guys.

I feel better. I'll just wait until tomorrow and check again...
I wouldn't be too worried, as the other ladies have said, your little one could be hiding behind the placenta, or in a bad spot.

I got my doppler at 11 weeks, and there were times that i just couldn't find bubs, from around 13 weeks ive always been able to find him.
I had one of those with my last baby and there were many times that I couldn't find the heartbeat and everything was perfectly fine. Sometimes those things cause more worry than anything. But I loved to listen sit in bed and listen to the baby. Your little one was probably just in a bad spot. I'm sure everything is fine.
I agree that the baby could be wiggling around a lot and that is causing the heartbeat to disappear.  When I around 14 weeks my midwife still had a hard time finding it long enough to measure.
They couldn't use a doppler to find my little guy/girl's heartbeat till 14 weeks.  So don't fret, that was medical professionals!  

Your concern and panic is the main reason I choose to not get a doppler myself (that and the cost).  I didn't figure that much more stress would be good for me or the baby after everything else.
My doc couldn't even find it at nearly 11 weeks. I told her I would like to get a doppler and she advised against it because it causes too much worry. I think you are fine. It's still really early.
The nurse couldn't find my baby's heartbeat at 12 weeks.  She had the doctor come in after trying for 10 minutes and he found it the minute he put it down on my belly.  I think babies just move so much.  I know it is hard not to worry, but try not to get too stressed.  I am not getting one because I am already worrying about enough this time!