Maternal & Child Community
do you get a period on the minipill while breastfeeding
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

do you get a period on the minipill while breastfeeding

Hi im just wondering if you get a period while on the minipill and breastfeeding. After having my first child I wasnt on minipill and never got a period until I started weaning at 5 months and found out I was pregnant the following month and had a m/c at 12 weeks which was heartbreaking then I was pregnant a few months later and now have a 3 month old I have been on minipill for 2 months and havent had a period I also use condoms so know I shouldnt be pregnant is this quite common thanx  
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i dont no but i was breastfeeding and on the mini pill and fell pregnant when my oldest daughter was 6 weeks old i never had a period at all but i obviously ovulated.
hence i have 2 daughters less then 1 year apart(dont trust the mini pill and breastfeeding alone lol) are you sure your not pregnant cause like i said i hadent received my period but obviously i ovulated and if i hadent conceived i would have got my period goodluck to you.
Blank
118074_tn?1228332603
I was prescribed the mini pill but didn't take them because I don't want it to affect my milk supply.  No af yet and my son just turned 15week.
Blank
Wow Mandymoo your kids are very close in age I know with the minipill im on it said to use additional protection for the first few weeks but only once I havent used a condom and that was 6 weeks after constantly taking the minipill. I dont like taking it but if I get pregnant I would be extremely high risk with having 2 c sections I just guess the minipill doesnt interfer with periods while breastfeeding my milk supply is still good but thought maybe with being on the minipill I'd get a period but I see deeanne11 didnt get one for 6 months its just so confusing thanks everyone for your comments.
Blank
I took the mini pill and it uped my milk suply but I had a lot of break through bleeding and even bled for over a month at some times so I stoped taking it I didn't like it.
Blank
159354_tn?1286371288
I didn't at first then it started at 6 months post partum
Blank
I too have been on the minipill and breastfeeding and have not recieved a period yet! My son is now 3 months.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...