Aa
A
A
Close
does a hCG level of 15 mean I am pregnant?
I was starting to have some craps an some very light spotting the day after my expected ovulation day.I have had a very high risk pregnancy and a tubal about 5 months ago. so I went to the er since no one would see me in fear that it might a problem and I did not have a Dr.   The pregnancy test came back as negative and the blood test was positive with an hCG of 15, witch is very low. so I got a pelvic ultrasound and it showed nither a pregnancy or a tubal. so I went to the lab 48 hours later as instructed and got a blood hCG level again. The level was still at a 15. the er dr. said he doesn't think it is a tubal or a pregnancy but rather a bacterial imbalance that is causeing the low hCG level. I do not think this is right and I am wondering if it could be that I am pregnant but the egg is still droping so the levels have not elevaled yet. I am very upsrt and do not know what to think. Has this happened to anyone before?  
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
178239_tn?1277409091
Hcg doesn't appear until implantation. Once it implants the levels continue to double every 48-72 hrs. Anything over 5 is considered pg, but if not doubling or increasing, I'm afraid it would likely not be viable. I am sorry. Since it is before ovulation for you the dr may be right about an imbalance.
Comment
Cancel
178239_tn?1277409091
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
if I where to be pregnant it would only be about six days after ovulation give or take a day or two
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
174515_tn?1191710869
the level should have increased. also from what i understand many doctors don't consider you pregnant until you hit a level of 25 or 50. it could be an infection or polycystic ovary syndrome. at least those are a couple of the things that i have heard of causing hcg to be elevated above the negative level of 5.

are you going back to have another test done? i hope it turns out the way you would like. :)

good luck
Comment
Cancel
174515_tn?1191710869
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i found out i am pregnant then i had cramps and backpain and then bleeding. i went to er and after a long and stressful day they decided to send me home. i am very early in my pregnancy which is why nothing was shown in the ultrasound and my hcg was 81 then the next day 89 and a few days later it is now 117 but still this is low right?
i just want to know if i am still pregnant as this is stressing me out soooo much i do not have any bleeding or cramps anymore. can anybody help or give me a little more info

thanks
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Well my situation is very crazy, on november 4th i took the abortion pill cause the doctor told me the baby wasnt normal, i was 7 weeks preg and till now jan 16 my HCG levels still showing 15 wich means i still preg, i went to the et cause i got heavy bleeding and cramps but the er doc said that it may be a sign of infection but i have no fever or any other symtoms, i know its been such a long time since i had the pill abortion and my HCG levels shouldnt be 15 but my question is what is wrong with me? Am desperate!!! Plzzzzzzzz help me, i have two small childrens to live for!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
does a hCG level of 15 mean I am pregnant?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
134578_tn?1446090952
Blank
AnnieBrooke