Maternal & Child Community
double uterus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

double uterus

My sister has double uterus. She found out after she got married.  Doctor told us it is birth defect.  She has been married for past seven years. she got laproscopy done and she got pregnant but she miscarried on her eight week of pregnancy.  She also had two cervix  Now after so many medications and procedures the doctors are telling her to get her another surgery to take the wall out and make into one uterus.  Her ovaries are working on both sides.  So my question is Should she get this surgeries. and what are the pros and cons.  Her husband has very good semen count.  So her husband is very healthy as doctor says.  Please guide me.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
901991_tn?1281613225
My friend had a double uterus... her womb was split in 2 halves...

She did have 3 children successfully, but they were all premature, they were all born by 33 weeks as they couldnt grow anymore due to lack of room and all 3 pregnancies were hard for her as she was in and out of hospital.... but all 3 children are healthy...

I hope things work out for your sister xxx
Blank
I don't know about combining two uteruses into one uterus but... my mother had a friend who was born 5 months before her sister because their mother, unknowingly, had two uteruses and got pregnant while she was already pregnant.  Both children went full term and both were perfectly healthy (as my mother knew them when they were teenagers).  That was 60 years ago - long before medical technology knew how to deal with it in any way other than to let the two pregnancies happen on their own.  I would assume combining the two uteruses could have serious complications (typical surgical risks, ruptured uterus during pregnancy) but there are bound to be plenty of risks involved with having two uteruses, as well.  Have your sister see a different doctor for second opinion - if it's the same, then it's probably best for her to have the surgery.  Make sure to tell her to ask what the risks are, though.  
Blank
134578_tn?1383690151
I had a uterine septum removed.  The doctors were no more concerned about rupture than they would be if I had a C-section.  However, it wasn't a big septum.  I would definitely counsel your sister to have another opinion, but not to be afraid of rupture if both doctors are not.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...