drop and rise in HCG
Hi.

I have had 2 difficult pregnacies that resulted in 2 beautiful boys however, this last year I've had 3 misscarriages, and am possibly losing a 4th.  I am bleeding, not a lot but, it is varing shades of red, and my HCG is doing funny things.  My first HCG was 230, the second 133, and the third (two days later) was 260.  I want to be hopful, my doctor said they need to do more tests, and an ultrasound in two days, but I need some answers now.  I'm possibly 4-5 weeks along, and my last ultra sound (at about 3-4 weeks) revealed an irregular sac, and no heart beat. I'm now on bed rest waiting. What is going on?
I've never heard of fluctuating HCG. Did you have your levels checked by the same lab? Maybe it was just a mix-up??? As for the u/s, it is far too early to see a heartbeat. I believe that hcg needs to hit atleast 1200 to see a h/b- usually about 6 weeks along. Best of luck.
The blood test were done at different labs.  My doctor told me I was M/C because of the bleeding and the drop in HCG, the ultrasound guy said I had M/C because the sac was irregular however, my cervix was not checked.  When the last HCG came back at 260 the nurse practitioner said there may be a small chance I didn't M/C.  I'm still bleeding and very concerned.
I don't think anyone can answer that other than your doctor. Miracles happen. Your HCG is very slowly rising and for some women their HCG goes up like your's is and go on to have normal healthy PGs.  I; on the other hand, had very good and doubling HCG even after the baby's h/b stopped so it's not a sure indication.  Keep having your blood taken and have an u/s at 6 weeks.
Hi.
Well my HCG level is now 313 from 260 two days ago.  We are still waiting for the ultra sound.  Does anyone know if this baby could still be alive?
Well the fact that the blood was done in different labs can explain the weird drop and rise in your HCG. Have you ever gone on to misdiagnosedmiscarriages.com? It may be helpful to you. As for your cervix being closed, I recently had a missed m/c so it can stay closed until your body expels the tissue. I wish I had the asnwers to give you to put you at ease. Unfortunately it's such a waiting game and you just have to hope for the best. My last PG that ended in m/c was so drawn out- so many u/s and hcg levels to be taken. I wish you the very best and hope that this is a healthy and viable PG!
Hi.
I've now been told I have an ectopic pregnancy.  The doctor wants to give me some thing to disolve it before it gets any bigger.