Maternal & Child Community
early, very light period indicate pregnancy??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am currently on birth control and have pretty regular periods.  My husband and I have had unprotected sex several times within the last could of months.  We are not "trying" to get pg, but if it happens--GREAT!!  This would be our first child.

I usually start my period on the Sunday (today) of my last row of pills and go usually through Thursday or Friday of that week.  However, last Monday, I started having a dark brown discharge.  After about 2 days it practically stopped.  But I still only notice a light brown and pink discharge when I urinate.  I do not have to wear a liner because there is nothing on my underware.  I have also started feeling a little weezy at night--not enough to get sick but just not feeling right.

Could this be a sign of early pregnancy?

If so, how long should I wait before I take a pg test??
Are you on the Pill?  Because if you are and have not missed any you should not be able to get pregnant.  But on the other hand if you have missed pills or if I am misunderstanding and you are not on the pill it very well could be an early sign of pregnancy.  If today is your missed period you should be able to test any day now, just do it First Morning Urine.  Good luck with whichever way you want it to turn out and keep us posted.
a great site is

www.peeonastick.com

It has a lot of info on preg tests and conception.
I guess I'm missing something, too.

You're on the pill and yet have had "unprotected" intercourse?  What does that mean?  If you mean that you are frequently forgetting lots of pills or a pill here and there, you shouldn't be on the pill at all, even if a baby would be welcomed!

Though there isn't much research to indicate a problem if you inadvertently conceive while taking the pill incorrectly, you shouldn't DELIBERATELY expose your potential embryo to those hormones, which it sounds like you are doing by having "unprotected" sex while on the pill (unless I am not understanding what you are saying).

If you would welcome a baby into your life no matter what, and can't take the pill every day as directed, you shouldn't be on it at all.  Use a non hormonal method, such as foam and condoms or a diaphragm with foam.  That way, if you mess up, your potential embryo won't be exposed unnecessarily to exogenous hormones.  If you truly aren't ready for a baby right now, either get on the stick about taking the pill correctly, or try some other method such as the patch or shot.

Good luck.  Though as I said that there isn't much evidence to say that taking the pill inadvertently before you know you are pregnant harms a baby, you shouldn't take the pill carelessly and then have sex when you know you are unprotected.
I have been having lots of unprotected sex with my fiance, but months have gon by without pregnancy. I usually have my period towards the end of the month, mid to late 20's. But this month, I got it on the 11th. Not only is my period early, it is extremely light; to the point where I dont even need a pad. I can only see it when I go to the bathroom. I am not suffering from any stomach pain either. Please let me know why you think this may have occured. I have not taken a test yet, but I soon will. I used to think that I couldnt conceive due to the fact that I have not been pregnant before, Im 21 years old and me and my fiance have been trying. But i never thought that an early plus light period could be a sign of pregnancy? This is just weird to me.
About a month ago, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex while I was on my period... (I know how it sounds)
But he "pulled out" long before he or I had 'finished.'

Well... I got my period today, about a week early. Every month it's heavy but for some reason today has been light. I've experienced a bit of heartburn and constipation (also unusual) within the last couple of weeks. I have horrible cramps that have lasted all day long, but that's the norm for me every month. My breasts are always very sore a few days before my period (this occured) and the cramps start the morning I get my period.

I almost NEVER drink but last night I had quite a few beers and was wondering if such could have caused my early, light period. This morning I felt sick for a short while... Feverish... Shaky... On the verge of vomitting but I never did. I assumed this was the alcohol - perhaps a minor hangover.

I'm also wondering.... Is it possible that this 'light period' is 'spotting'?

I know it's a lot of info but I would truly appreciate any input... Thanks so much. =)
For the record - I'm not on birth control.
Hi, i thought my period had come 4 days early, but it was very light and only lasted 2 days. Now my normal period hasn't arrived and i am 6 days late. I have taken a test and it came back negative. Any ideas what is wrong with me?
HI i was just wondering if anyone could help me and give me a bit of advice. Myself and my partner have been trying for a baby for the past 3 months. on the 14th of july i had a normal period and after it was finished we started trying again. last week i had very tender breasts,cramps in my stomach and back pain, these are common symptoms for me to get when my period is approching.

anyway this month i got what i thaught was my period but it was not normal, it started a day early, it was very light and lasted barely two days.

my question is was this just my period or could this be a sign of pregnancy and if so when should i take a test??

your answers and comments would be very much appreciated.
I am 30 yrs old female 8 yrs of my marriage now. i dont have kids. My weight is 85kg. since tow year i have a problem that when every month i get my peroids 1st day & 2nd day only spotting shows then every 3rd day bleeding is ok almost i change 2 pads or sometime 3 pads but 4th day 1 pad & 5th day nothing 6th day again spots & 7th days 1 or 2 spots only.. my weight gaiang day by day i am too much worried plz any one who can help me or tell me suggestions what should i do i visted many dr during the time but all pills & medicne in vain. whne i stop medicne my situation becomes same. Plz any one who can guide me or give me good advice plz plzzzzz help me