Maternal & Child Community
early labor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

early labor

my friend is 22-23 weeks pregnant...and she went to the hospital tonight in labor...her contractions are 7 mins apart...what are the chances the baby will be alright?
Not good, if she delivers.  Hopefully, they stopped the contractions.  
most likely they did everything to stop the contractions as it is way too early for them to let the baby be born.  I hope she and the baby are ok.  Prayers.
Wow....I went into labor at 27 weeks and my doctor told me that it is hard to save them before 25 weeks and they try to get them to 27 weeks or as absolutely close as they can. It is extremely dangerous and rarely do children survive at that point. I will keep them in my thoughts. Hopefully they got the contractions stopped!!! Keep us posted.
We have one of those miracle babies in our family.  Jordan was born at 23 weeks and weighed a little over a pound and he SURVIVED.  He stayed in the hospital for over a month and they were able to raise his weight to 5 pds before letting him go home.  He is now 10 years old.  TEN YEARS!

I know it's rare but it is possible!
Avatar n tn
sorry i hvaent posted sooner but its been a rough little bit...i came on today for the first time in a while...just wanted to let everone know that she lost the baby :( it was extrememly hard but with the help of all her friends and family shes getting through it alright! she now says that "thats what God wanted or God had better plans for her"  thank you for your prayers and responces! it means alot!!!!!
Oh, i'm so sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family!
OMG, I am so sorry to hear that. I was wondering what ever happened to her. Thank you for the update and I hope that she gets through this okay.