Maternal & Child Community
emotional breaskdown

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

emotional breaskdown

hey all-well i am 38 weeks-due march 1-i am still working but today i tried going to work but didnt even last 10 mins-it felt like i was going to pass out-and my hands were shaking-and i had a servere headache-i was just wondering if anyone felt that way in the last weeks of their pregnancy-i dont know if all this was because of my emotions-or that i am nervous about labor?? i work at a grocery store and it seems like the customers didnt care too much either-grr-i just started crying and luckly someone came in for me-i hope i did the right thing by leaving-i want to be strong for my baby-sorry i am just venting-how is anyone else feeling?? my friend who had a baby said it sounds like i can have the baby with in 3 days and i am in the early stages of labor-i just want to see my baby(:
I am 35 weeks and feel the same way.  Today I am depressed and tired.  I can't sleep though the night becasue I am so uncomfortable.  I love my baby boy but I want him out of me.  I have gained ALOT of weight for my frame and my body is very sore and he is big.  I feel like I have no control at this point and I am anxious about labor but just plain sick of being pregnant.  I figure becasue of his size they will induce in 2-3 weeks but right now becasue of the back pain I am not working and it seems to be an eternity...I have been pregnant patiently for 9 months...why is the 10th soooo sloooww.
Also yesterday I had sucj bad cramping most of the day, I was so sore, it subsided by night time but physically like most pregnancies theos last few weeks aretaking its toll.
I can relate. I'm due March 1st and the past week and a half have been terrible with my emotions. I feel so anxious and depressed sometimes that I can't function. And my hope of having the baby early is dwindling. It seems like I'll be like this forever now. And last night I had weird dreams about labor. One was that I woke up with a girl instead of a boy - a bit problematic for all the blue clothes we have. And that I kept falling over and almost hitting her head. And the worst part was that I couldn't remember anything about the labor- not even having contractions. And then I had another dream that I was at Office Depot and the umbilical cord started to come out, and the ambulance people had to do an emergency C-section on me. But the last thing they said was that they messed up my anesthetic and I would feel it. But all's I wanted was for Sean to be safe.
All I can say is hang in there. You aren't the only one.
I am only 12 weeks and was complaining of headaches to my friend yesterday. She told me that she never had much trouble with headaches until she was aroung 37 weeks. When she went in for her weekly appt., they checked her blood pressure and it was through the roof. They told her that her severe headaches, dizziness, and high blood pressure were due to preeclampsia setting in and she delivered that day. Not to scare either of you...but if your weekly checkup isn't tomorrow (Mon), you may want to call your doc to have things checked! Maybe it's nothing...but you never know! Good luck to both of you! :)
your symptoms could also be low sugar, have you had that tested?  If it happens again, try eating something like peanut butter(protein) to raise your sugar level a bit and see if that helps.
yeah i will prob end up calling the dr tomm to tell him-i just found out i can leave now and still get paid for it-so wed may be my last day of work-thansk the support girls-i;m so anxious to see my baby