Maternal & Child Community
end of first trimester, pink tinge, morning sickness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

when does the second trimester start? i am confused as to the exact week.

i am 11 weeks and 1 day now. i lost my last pregnancy at 12 weeks 4 days so i am anxious to get to the next trimester. even though i know there are no guarantees then either, i'll just feel better.

also, for the past two weeks my morning sickness had been tapering down and almost gone, but today it is back with a vengance. has anyone else had their symptoms fluctuate like that?

one last question. yesterday, i noticed a very faint pink tinge to the discharge after whipping one time. it was there only once and barely discernable, but of course i panicked and called the doctor. they put me on light activity, pelvic rest etc. if i have any cramping, more pink or anything i was told to go on strict bedrest and call the doctor and he would see me immediately.my pregnancy symptoms haven't changed(already showing!!!), i did not bd before i saw it and it has not been back. does this sound like "just one of those things"?

sorry it's so long but i saved em all up for one post. lol. have a good day ladies.
I had that a few times and it was nothing.  That was with my dd pregnancy.  This time it was worse but I had a small sub chorionic bleed that is healed itself now. I'm 16w3d today and doing great!  And everyone can tell I'm pregnant now, I've got quite a tummy now.  It sounds to me like everything is okay.  Just keep any eye out.
I bleed till 10 weeks with this pregnancy.  It always started pink, then turned brick red then back to pink.  Never could be explained.  I'm 23w tommorow.  Also I never got morning sickness till 2nd trimester (12w)   Good luck and if you are that concerned maybe you should go to the er and req and u/s.  It will ease your mind.  I went every week.  They thought I was nuts but I didn't care.  It eased my mind.  I had 2 prev m/c  and I thought for sure I was loosing this one too.   Good luck!
I am 13.5 weeks now and I am STILL battling nausea... I thought it would be over by now.  I have been told it varies on the pregnancy- one of my aunts was sick her entire 9 months.  I am hoping that doesn't happen for me- or you!  Good luck!
I believe the second trimester starts at week 14, but my symptoms didn't get better until around week 16. I had horrible morning sickness very strong from week 6 through week 10. Around week 11 or 12, my morning sickness began to fluctuate similar to what you described, and this lasted a couple of weeks. My morning sickness came back really strong and constant for about two weeks after this and then fluctuated for a week or two and disappeared altogether. So, in short, the fluctuation is completely normal. Don't stress about it.

I wish I could offer insight on the pink tinge ... I think I may have had a pink tinge a couple of months ago on two different occassions, but everything is running together for me.

I wish you the best!
I am 19 weeks today, and just two days ago had a day of morning sickness return! I thought I was over it at about 16 weeks, but there have been the occasional times when it comes back for one day.

About the pink tinge, I had that two or three times until I was 12 weeks or so, and of course, every time I freaked out. Nothing ever came of it, and I think maybe it could have just been a little broken blood vessel on the cervix that mixes with your white/clear C.M. and tints it a little. I even read on one web site that yellow to white to pink cervical mucous is normal.
It hasn't happened for a long time, but I still look every single time I wipe.

It's so hard to not be worried at the slightest "strange" sign, I know. I still worry about a lot of things. But the fact that you are 12 weeks means you can relax MUCH MORE. Statistics show the risk for problems now goes WAY down. Almost always, if something was wrong it would have happened before 12 weeks.

Best of luck to you!