endometriosis and getting pregnant??
If diagnosed with endometriosis, is it still possible to get pregnant?  And using what procedures and/or medications??
From what I know from a close friend who had it, it depends on the severity. Your OB should be abel to answer this question better.
I know that it is possible, but like Kassimom said, it depends on the severity of it. Sometime they can go in and get rid of it before you try and get pregnant. The last cyst I had removed, the Dr. found a patch of endo and was able to remove it all. Good luck!!!!
thank you for the comments!  At least I know that it is "possible."  I have an appt with the specialist on Wednesday to discuss all my options!
Just to add another comment, I have never had endometrosis, however a girlfriend of mine had it.  They discovered it after she had her first child and recommended to her that if they were going to have anymore children, they should do it soon.  They actually removed one of her ovaries (cause it was so bad) and cleaned up the other side.  She went on to have a healthy baby girl.
I thought you meant it was all removed. I must have read it wrong. One small spot may be true. But it can still grow back.
I'm sorry, but yes it can be removed depending on the severity of it and the location. Been there, done it and have the proof! It would be best if you talk to your Dr. and see how severe it is and what your options may be. I have a friend who did have it in several different places and no it could not be removed, but mine was not the case. One small spot and all was taken away. I wish you the best and let us know how it goes for you!
Hey I just read your post from Tuesday and YES it does scare me LOL!!!!!!!  I am so terrified of an umbilical cord accident.   You know you think you get to a safe point feeling movement and everything and then something like that happens how are you not suppose to worry.   I am so sorry though for those friends of yours.  I can't imagine how they must feel right now.     Just be there for support and don't feel bad if she starts to resent your pg.  Some women get like that after a loss.  I know I did with my sister.    Enjoy your pg.  You'll be where I am before you know it.  It has gone so fast.   Well I am going to sit back and enjoy a little bowl of ice cream and then fall asleep.   Hopefully I can get here tomorrow.   Take Care
I have mild endo and you cannot just "Remove" it. You can take bcp for the pain and some other meds. Unless you have a hysterectomy (sp?) it will not just go away. It grows back.
I have it and had my son, although I have had 2 miscarriages. It is hard to keep a pregnancy sometimes if it is real severe.
I have done tons of research and was in a support group for endo.
It is still possible to get pregnant, depending on the severity it just might take longer. Doc told  me after my son in about a year or so we might have problems again, well...guess what? we are!

i have had severe pain in my lower left abdomen and i was just wondering if it can be endometriosis because my doctors still cannot tell me anything
Im a 22 yr old college student suffering from sever endometriosis. i have has 3 laproscopic procedures and i still suffer from svere cramps and other pains associated with this disease EVERY SINGLE month. Im at a lost. Im scared and lonely. I want to have a child so that they can possible remove an ovary and reduce the paid but I have not yet been successful. i cry almost every night, especially during my cycle. i dont know what else to do. Invitro is too expensive and i have tried every trick you can imagine with my fiance. i juts want a baby. my own child. what should i do?
I know exactly how you feel. Im only 22 myself and was just diagnosed with endometriosis. im scheduled to go into surgery on monday to have one of my ovaries removed as it and my fallopian tube has become attached to my uterus. As far as i know my chances of having children will be reduced by 50% but there is still that chance. I also know that should i ever fall pregnant it will most certainly be a difficult pregnancy. Im terrified that i might not be able to have a child because i really would like to be a mother some day, but positivity is a large part of that. As long as you keep your faith and believe that there is still a chance for you to have a baby, then you still have a chance. I know its a hard thing to deal with and i've had countless people telling me not to worry, that i do still have a chance....and all its done is angered me because they dont know how it feels...but on that same note, i've spoken to many people that have this condition(2 of my aunts included) and have had one of their ovaries removed....and they've managed to have healthy children. i mean both my aunts have 2 beautiful sons each. the truth of the matter is...you do still have a chance and as long as you try to stay positive and have a good support structure, you'll have your own little miracle one day. You have my support.
i loved your response.  it is excately what i needed to hear.  thank you.
hi ya, iv been tryin for a second baby for 3 years,,but iv had no luck, now iv just found out iv got mild endmetriosis, could anyone tell me if iv still got a chance of concivin??
I had my laparoscopic surgery to remove my cysts 6.5 months ago. I'm only able to started trying for baby when my period comes back. It's my 3rd month now. I've been tracking the Basal Temperature and just started using Ovluation kit to increase the chance of getting pregnant. I'm also curious what are the chances of me getting pregnant? What is the statistic?
Hi everyone.
After trying for over a year to get pregnant w/ #3 I found out I had severe, stage 4 endometriosis...I had NO symptoms but was told it was so bad that I would need a hystero. in a year or so if I didn't do something. They removed as much as they could during the lap surgery and I was told later  my endo was the "sticky" kind where it pulls your organs all over the place...which is why I wasn't getting pregnant because my ovaries were not lined up with my fallopian tubes. After surgery I decided to take Lupron Depo injections...one a month for 6 months...insurance covered this, I only had to pay $20.00. My infertility specialist told me my chances of getting pregnant even after the Lupron was about 10%...the nurses however told me that practically everyone they knew who took the lupron injections got pregnant right away.

Well guess what?  I got pregnant the SAME month I had my last injection...so there is still hope. If you are willing to go through the hot flashes and other symptoms that come with the lupron, then go for it...there is hope...I had the worse endo my dr. had ever seen and I got pregnant RIGHT AWAY after my endo was treated. Hang in there, good luck and have faith!!
It took 7 years afte rdiagnosis for me to get pregnant. I only had 1 ovary that was viable to make an egg. After my first pregnancy, I haven't had much problems with getting pregnant. Pregnancy is the BEST thing for endormetriosis!

Good luck!

Stacy
I have had over 7 Laporoscopies and been thru chemical metopause (lupron depot injections) and had my right ovary removed due to endometriosis and ovarian cysts. I have seen 8 OBGYN docs and they have all now told me I have done all I can do and that I either need to try and have a kid which is less likely for me to do since all I have been through and I am only 26 and I am also not married nor do I have a bf or I need to have a full Hystrectomine. I do not know what to do at this point as I have also wanted to have my own kids and have that experience of motherhood and to make a decision like this at age 26 is scary and noone around me knows what I am going through and I feel like I am being pressured and I have been or high dosage of pain meds for the past 5-6years because of the severity of pain I am in during that time and every day before and after because of all the surgeries I have had there is so much scar tissue built up and it has connected itself to my bladder and other organs it has now become a burden to my daily life. Anyone have any words of advice?
i'm 3mos. pregnant and diagnose with endo w/ size about 10cm..i just want to ask if it is possible that i lose my baby ?? can anyone help me?