Maternal & Child Community
endometriosis and miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

endometriosis and miscarriage

Is there anyone out there who has endometriosis? I was diagnosed at 18, i am now 36. I have two DD's that I each conceived in 1 month of ttc. Then when my youngest was 2 we decided to try for the boy. It took us 9 monthes to conceive, then on 1/31 I had a natural m/c at 11 weeks. My question is the endo did seem to improve during pg, then would come back in about 2 years after the births. But now the symptoms are worse, its more like a super heavy period and burning cramps. I am so frustrated now because we tried this month again and just got AF. Is anyone out there familiar with endo and m/c? or TTC?
Had endometriosis 1 year after marriage.  Terrible periods and pain.  Had a laparoscopy, and luckily mine has not come back yet.  The following fall, I had a miscarriage at 4 weeks.  That was 4 years ago and just this year, I conceived and thus far, have a healthy baby due in September.  I have heard of a lot of women who have gone on to have children after endo--it yours is bad, I would suggest the surgery.  Healing time for me was long and painful, but it was worth it for me.
Thankyou decogirl, do you mind me asking, are your periods heavy and long, and what kind of pain? Also did your dr. think the endo had anything to do with the m/c? I had c-sections with both the girls because they were breech, so I wonder if there is endo in the scar or something? I had a laproscopy at age 18, then Synarel and lupron for menopause twice, which did save my fertility I think, but now I'm scared that i waited too long to ttc after 2nd child, and lost my chance. The best treatment for endo is pregnancy, if i could just get there and keep it!
...may be it's a matter of time. I had endo when I was 19 and got pg at 21 which decided not to keep due to immigration to Canada. I am pretty sure the body/system needs to recover after such major inflammation like endo. It also depends on how old you are and your physical condition as well as if you had any other complications. Keep trying, all the best. Lilia
My periods could linger up to 8 days.  I was NEVER on time, and also had polyps and last October, a cyst on my right ovary which I was told was absorping itself--interestingly that is the ovary I have conceived my current baby from:)

The laparoscopy I am certain is not as painful as giving birth:)  It is just that my bellybutton and pubic area were opened up, and the first two days afterwards I was in a lot of pain.  Also, it was impossible for me to sit comfortably.  I could either stand or lie down.  I opted to push myself to walk just 1 day after surgery.  I was determined to get better.  I want to say that within 3 weeks time I could sit more comfortably and that all I have now is 2 small scars.  It did not return and I have no idea why it took me 4 years later to conceive---I had been stressed at work, and when I quit and went back to school I was a happier more relaxed person.  Over this winter break, I must have been too relaxed because the first day of school spring semester, I got my BFP!
...definitely, endo has a lot to do with m/c or abortions. Endo is an inflammation of the uterus. It's caused by either surgical interruptions like abortion or natural m/c. The uterus wall gets weak and inflamed which can cause complications like lack of productivity or lost of AE etc. The best way to give time as well as go on the therapy to strengthen the physical condition in general as well as productive system. Once again good luck. I am also trying hard to get pg and hope it will work out for all who really wants it. Lilia
Thankyou for your responses. I should just be happy with my two, and I am, but I just always thought we would have three. Thanks again for all your support!!!
Hi there,  I have endo also.  I was about 24 when I found out I had it.  I am now 32 and have no live children yet, lost two twin girls on 6 month gestation.  I got pregnant through IVF.  I had a huge cyst on my right ovary and because of it it was removed and left tube was blocked.  I had it removed last year.  I know that if you have endo the doctors do tell you that if you are planning to have children to go ahead because the pregnancy makes your endo stop.  I know that because of my endo the times I have done IVF they always have me inject lupron first.  You should ask your doctor about that.
endo can cause m/c. i believe i have endo, since i was 12 i've had painful periods always with brown/red blood, i'm always tried and bloated, plus my mother had endo and was told she could never have kids but she had me and then my brother after my brother the endo cleared up. i had a m/c in dec 05 and all my doctor does is says is that it is IBS or i just suffer with painful periods, but its every day! sex is so painfull so ttc is hard because the only position that doesnt hurt me now is me on top so the sperm does just come right back out (sorry 4 tmi) i feel your pain. don't think you can have kids my mum had me at 33 and my bro at 36. there is hope for everyone. if you want something so bad then keep trying. if we are meant to have kids we will. the big man upstairs will see to that!