ewww - Odor during Miscarriage
I know that this is really gross but I need to know (so if you have a queezy stomach, don't move forward).  I am currently miscarrying my 3rd pregnancy.  I have always had a D&C however, this time i am going natural.  I am still bleeding but don't know what to do about this rancid smell coming from me.  It is not a hygene problem as I am constantly washing as I can't stand the smell.  It doesn't smell like my period, to be honest smells like something died.  OH, sorry for the TMI.  I am wondering if any of you have ever experienced this before?  Sorry to pose such a gross question however, really need to know.
I have been reading on miscarriages lately being I just went through one and I am worried myself.
I was reading that if there is a bad smell that does not come with your regular period as you said that it could mean infection.
Not saying it is but it is a possibility.
So maybe try going to the doctor and see what he says.
I would agree with Raychael. That odor could be a sign of infection. Call your doctor or nurse right away. I had a similar thing, and they just prescribed antibiotics. It was no big deal. But if it is an infection, you'll need the meds. Once I told them on the phone there was an odor, they just prescribed the meds, just in case.
Thanks so much for the advice.  I was worried about infection and just made my doctor's appointment.
How did your situation turn out? It seems I am in the same situation myself.  Missed miscarrige diagnosed 3 weeks ago. Started to bleed over this past weekend but I feel I did not pass all the tissue. I am still bleeding lightly now but I have the same deathly smell- it is absolutely horrible. I called my midwife today... Thanks.