Maternal & Child Community
fallopian tubes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

fallopian tubes

Having undergone IVF 3 Times to no avail .. I was Just wondering if something is possible...with todays medical abilities with transplants and such ..is it possible to replace irrepairable tubes with another womans healthy tubes ..if so is there a list in which you can add your name to be used in expirements for such things
Avatar n tn
Actually People magazine had an article on this. Identical twins were born. One girl had multiple problems and her sister donated to her an ovary and a tube. She went on to have a very heatlhy pregnancy. From what I have read it can de done easily with sisters but as for any other transplant there is alays the possibility for rejection of the ovary. They said it is easy for siblings to do for one another but need to do addl testing to see if possible for those not related.
are you tubes bad?  i have been reading a lot about accupuncture lately, maybe that is something you might want to research.  i apologize for adding my two cents..i just feel for you.  it starts to feel hopeless after awhile and i know that i am willing to go to the end of the earth to have a child, even if i cant do it myself.  prayers to you.
Avatar n tn
With any transplant there is always the possibility of rejection, and that is why they people go on immunosupressant drugs to prevent rejection and those drugs carry their own risks and problems.  That's why I think this hasn't really been pursued.  If you still have your eggs, IVF is probably the best choice and try to pursue that.