Maternal & Child Community
false alarm or d dreaded M word?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

false alarm or d dreaded M word?

pls can anyone tell me this is ok, i had my embryo transfer on 10/29/12 and i did my first preganancy test 11/9 and repeated the test on 11/12 my doctor said i was definitely pregnant, so i continued with my pregesterone shots, estrace and vivelled dot patches, one week later i started bleeding i didnt not have any cramps prior to that, but when the blood started coming i felt a little uncomfortable. i went to the ER they did an Hcg test the result was 6 573.1 H,the pelvic test showed that my cervix was closed which the doctor said was a good thing but when they did and ultrasound they didnt see anything not even a sac.. the ER doctor said she feared i already miscarried before i got to the hospital but my fertility doctor said he will like to go by his own ultrasound i have an appointment with him on monday.i used only one pad through out and the blood has since stopped. im just so scared.
how far along were u?
Well, in all honesty, this does not sound like you had already experienced a miscarriage.  It is possible that it is the beginning of one, but in that case I would expect the u/s to pick up something.

I would request a repeat u/s in a week or so.  

I am so sorry you are going through this and I hope all turns out well.  Take care.
With Ivf pregnancy its a little different, we start to count from the day we got the first pregancy result, I would say I was just about 2weeks.
Thank you, I'm meeting with my Ob/gyn today 11/26 to have another u/s. I'm so scared haven't slept all night.
How did it go??
Hello, unfortunately I don't have good news my doctor did another u/s and Hcg test. It was definately a miscarriage. Thank you all for your support. I was wrong miley24 I was about 6weeks preganant.
Im so sorry to hear that sweety! I hope ur doing well n don't give up! Have faith n God will take care of u!!