false pregnancy
Has anyone here had a "false pregnancy?"
Could you please explain with more details what you mean with "false pregnancy"?
There's a lot of kinds of miscarriage that can be considered as false pregnancies, but they are still pregnancies. =)
Thank you
I mean when you have many of the symptoms of being pregnant (sore breasts, moody, no period) and think you're pregnant--but it turns out the drs. tell you you're not.
I feel like i'm having that right now! I even took a test last night and it was utterly inconclusive. I hate not knowing if im pregnant. I really dunno if their is such a thing as a false pregnancy. Did the dr do a blood test?
do you mean chemical pg?  The false pg you are describing sounds like me...screwed up hormones that keep playing tricks on you.
well, sometimes i think i just make up things in my head and have "symptoms" that just aren't, if that's what you mean.
You are not the only one feeling like that, we are all in the same boat hon. =) (((hugs)))
I believe she is referring to what's also known as a phantom pregnancy.
Happened to me two months before I finally got a BFP. Had all the symptons, took one test BFN, then took another two both the same make, and they both came up BFP. That was on the Sunday, went to OBGYN on weds, had a scan done (due to previous MC) and nothing there. I was devastated, went to have blood tests and it was negative. So don't know what happened with those tests.Day I went in for blood test AF came.

Two months after, I got BFP, went to have a blood test before phoning my OBGYN (was kind of embarrassed when I turned up there and there was nothing to see).
I think every month those ttc have a false pregnancy. We believe we are pregnant have all the symptoms and yet period arrives. Unless I am clueless and false pregnancy does not mean it is all in your head????
Here's a pretty good link. Phantom pregnancies go beyond what most of us experience when we're waiting to test. If a woman is convinced she's pg, even when she's not, she can experience cessation of AF, morning sickness, even lactation!

http://www.irishhealth.com/?level=3&con=68
I was referring to those symptoms of moodiness, sore breasts, no period. I went through them for about two weeks last month (four negative preg. tests) before a doc. told me it was "fairly common." Just wondering how common it is. And has anyone had a "phantom pregnancy" that the web site talks about?
Here's a little history my 82 year old grandma told me-I never thought I'd actually have a reason to tell it but...When my grandmother was newly pregnant her upstairs tennant (who was sad and trying so hard to get PG) started to also say she too was PG.
When the Dr. made a house call my grandmother heard thru the ceiling the Dr telling her to stop this nonsense and that she was NOT pregnant that it is all in her mind and the body is taking it on as such.  This was 3 months of her telling everyone but never wanting an appointment until her own mother made it for her.  My grandmother said her belly was showing like a true stage of PG and she had no periods and her breasts too were larger.  After her depression subsided 6 months later she really became PG.  GO FIGURE!!
really? never heard of it? how is it?
I too have experienced that, which with last month I was 6 days late when AF finally showed up.  Until AF showed up, I felt "special," one of 'those women' that were pregnant.  Something that I've never experience, nor will ever likely experience.  

I am almost to the point of just giving up.

DH rarely wants to BD, and it ends up only occuring about 3-4 times a month, albeit, occuring during when I am O'ing.  

Last month, we BD AFTER when I was supposed to be O'ing, and I almost want to think that was why I ended up being 6 days late.

Well, this is another month, lets see how this month goes.  Probably a repeat of so many other months: rare occasions of BD, maybe a day or two late with AF, do a HPT to get the same BFN, and then AF finally showing up with me having lots of tears.