fetal cardiac activity
I went for my 8 weeks check up, Dr.found gestational sac and fetal pole with gestational age of 6 weeks, there was a suggestion of fetal heart activity but MD was not sure if it was mine(sometimes the placenta vessels can be confused with fetal heart activity). I have a ultrasound in 2 days,but my doctor thinks I have a miscarriage. With my first child the ultrasound showed a strong heart activity which I did not see with this pregnancy. Have you ever have this experience before?
Thanks.
I have not experienced this before. Is there anyway you could have ovulated later than you thought? That did happen to me and put me a wk behind schedule. So at my what was supposed to be 6wk apt ended up being 5wks and I didn't even get to see a gestational sac or fetal pole. I'm sorry you are having this stress. I hope everything works out for the best for you and your u/s in 2 days turns out better.
Thank you for your reply. My LMP was 4/26 I have really regular cycles. I have my first pregnancy test on 5/28 an It was positive. I just a little bit worried, I just do not know what to do. Do I wait another week to see what happens or If sonogram is the same shall I have a D&C. No spotting,no cramping.
I just pray God help me decide.
I had regular cycles too... 27-28day cycles but still ovulated a wk later.... Weird. I'd wait another wk after this one Tuesday just so you can say you gave it a good chance. You won't doubt yourself later. I'm really sorry, but please keep me updated. Let me know what happens Tuesday. I'll be praying for you.
I went for my first prenatal at 7 wks and I saw a gestational sac of 6 wk size with yolk sac and embroy but no heartbeat.  My doctor said he would have thought this completely normal except I did in vitro so there was no room for me to have gotten the conception date wrong. So unless you are 100% sure that you are 8 weeks, you should not worry about it.  You should definitely wait a week to see if it is growing since that is the key point, more so than the size which could be due to uncertainty over conception timing.