Maternal & Child Community
fetal cardiac activity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

fetal cardiac activity

I went for my 8 weeks check up, Dr.found gestational sac and fetal pole with gestational age of 6 weeks, there was a suggestion of fetal heart activity but MD was not sure if it was mine(sometimes the placenta vessels can be confused with fetal heart activity). I have a ultrasound in 2 days,but my doctor thinks I have a miscarriage. With my first child the ultrasound showed a strong heart activity which I did not see with this pregnancy. Have you ever have this experience before?
Thanks.
I have not experienced this before. Is there anyway you could have ovulated later than you thought? That did happen to me and put me a wk behind schedule. So at my what was supposed to be 6wk apt ended up being 5wks and I didn't even get to see a gestational sac or fetal pole. I'm sorry you are having this stress. I hope everything works out for the best for you and your u/s in 2 days turns out better.
Thank you for your reply. My LMP was 4/26 I have really regular cycles. I have my first pregnancy test on 5/28 an It was positive. I just a little bit worried, I just do not know what to do. Do I wait another week to see what happens or If sonogram is the same shall I have a D&C. No spotting,no cramping.
I just pray God help me decide.
I had regular cycles too... 27-28day cycles but still ovulated a wk later.... Weird. I'd wait another wk after this one Tuesday just so you can say you gave it a good chance. You won't doubt yourself later. I'm really sorry, but please keep me updated. Let me know what happens Tuesday. I'll be praying for you.
I went for my first prenatal at 7 wks and I saw a gestational sac of 6 wk size with yolk sac and embroy but no heartbeat.  My doctor said he would have thought this completely normal except I did in vitro so there was no room for me to have gotten the conception date wrong. So unless you are 100% sure that you are 8 weeks, you should not worry about it.  You should definitely wait a week to see if it is growing since that is the key point, more so than the size which could be due to uncertainty over conception timing.