Maternal & Child Community
fetal heart rate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

fetal heart rate

My daughter is 14 weeks pregnant and her Dr. said that the baby's heart rate is 160 and I am wondering what is normal for a fetal male heart rate. Thanks for your help.
Avatar n tn
Thats normal...
shes 14 weeks -does she already know what it is? Or are you tryna figure out the sex from the babys heart rate?
my cousins 23 weeks with a little girl and her babys heart rate stays around 160
and im 28 weeks pregnant with my second little boy and his heart rate around 14 weeks was 150
but if the heart rates normal being 160 around 14 weeks  is what you wanna know  of course im not a doctor but sounds good from what i know
congrats to you and your family on the little one !
My ob said that anything above 110 is normal.
I just went in for a 12 week u/s and my baby's heart rate is 153. OB said that anything between about 120 at that point is good and very normal.

If you go by the old wives tale, they say that anything between 120-140 is a boy and 140-160 is a girl, but I have a 3 yr old son and his was around 150, so the wives tale didn't work for me. :)
im 20 weeks prego and before that my babys heartrate have always been around 160...i just had an ultrasound and its a babygirl
Avatar n tn
I'm pregnant with a little girl right now and she's been around 135 the entire pregnancy, but I thought I heard that boys had the lower heart rate usually and girls was higher, my doctor really thought I was having a boy.