Maternal & Child Community
fetal monitor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

fetal monitor

Has anyone rented a fetal heart monitor?  How soon could you hear the h/b? Is it safe to use everyday??

I have just ordered one, so that when i feel unsure, in the privacy of my own home i can check out the heartbeat even your family and friends can hear it.

I have read some that say you can hear the heartbeat at 8wks and others from 10wks. I can't wait to get mine.

I know alot of people who have one and they say they are brilliant. I would go ahead and get one.

Regards.
I got mine from www.fetalbond.com   I went for the model that tells you the BPM, I could never calculate that !  I was able to hear it at 8.5w weeks, which my dr said was rare. But I am 112lbs pre-pregnancy weight, so he said that was a big factor.
I remember you posting a few weeks ago about your HCG levels, how are they ?
I rented one from Belly Beats and it was wonderful. I could hear the heartbeat by 11 weeks. They are wonderful to have let me tell you. I would definitely recommend it!!!
Hi wise girl-
Thanks for asking about me.  My levels were only  tested at about 2 wks and they were fine  then?? I am almost 9 weeks now.  Glad to hear good things about the monitor- but I think I only hear the blood flow b/c it sounds like a windmill and only about 96 per minute???