fetal movement 16 weeks
I know this is somewhat early to feel movement.  I began feeling flutters at around 14 weeks and distinct little kicks 5 days in a row.  I have had a baby before so I know what it feels like, plus I am fairly small so I know for sure I was feeling movement.  My question is, for the past 3 days, I haven't felt the little kicks like I was feeling everyday for about 5 in a row.  Is it too early for me to worry?  I wouldn't be worried if I hadn't felt movement yet, but since I felt something fairly consistnant and now it has changed I am worried.  I know they don't have you count fetal movement until much later and the baby is still so small, but I can't help but think something has happened.  I had a dr. appointment on Monday, all was well and an easy to detect heartbeat.  Since Tuesday I haven't felt much of anything.
I hope it's normal because it is happening to me at 17w.  I even do all I can to make it happen.  I'm even crazy enough to drink a coke a day when I don't even like coke to try and get it to happen.  I think we're fine though.
Thats funny, I sit and poke and flick at my belly and drink coffee and get in all these strange positions!  Hopefully we are ok, it is so hard not to worry though.  So you had fairly consistant movement and then it stopped?  Sometimes i think I feel the little flutters, but can't tell if it is gas bubbles.  I like getting those good little kicks as a reminder it is in there and just wonder why they stopped!
It isnt until now at 25 weeks that I'm feeling LOTS of movements from the baby on a regular basis.  At your stage, even though you've had a baby before, you cant feel everything he/she does.  SOmetimes, when I use my doppler, I can here her move but I dont feel her.  So I think it's totally normal until your in your 20's to not feel him/her regularly.
That is totally normal, I was the same way.  I am now 25 weeks and the movements are more frequent and consistent.
With my first, after I felt him once, I felt him daily from 16 weeks on.  With this one I felt him just before 14 weeks, but it was like you said, it was for a few days, then nothing for a few more.  Each baby is different and it is still early.  After awhile I felt mine all of the time, by my 20 week u/s, you could see him poking at my belly!  You may just mention it to your Dr., but I think it's pretty common since you feel them so much earlier, maybe your little one is tired today or sitting in a different spot.
Yeah, it was constant.  I even put my dh's hand on there to feel too.  And then nothing.  I talk to my belly constantly, "Hello in there?  Are you OK??"  And this morning I felt something and yelled to my husband, "it's alive!  Thank God it's alive!"

Yes, I'm crazy :)
Its normal for the movements to not be consistant yet!!  Good luck!
I do hope everything is OK.  Let us know as soon as you get back!  Good luck!
Well now, I am 18w and feel little movement.  When I do feel movement it is in the evening.  Some days I don't feel the baby at all. Drinking caffine will make the baby move?
im the same im 16 weeks today and i definately feel movement...more of a shifting feeling when the baby moves from one side to the other... my other half has felt it when he puts his hand on my tummy as well..not very often though, only when the baby is on the surface so to speak!!!
Thanks for the input...I calmed down until I went to the bathroom and wiped and now there is a little blood.  So I am off to the Dr. and I guess I will know once and for all.
I started to feel my little boy at 16 weeks...I am now 17 weeks and 6 days right now and feel him at least once or twice a day now.

It is VERY normal....It mostly depends on your size and how active your baby is really. I know my mom felt me at 14 weeks but she was really tiny so that was why she felt it so early.

Congrats!!
kbrown - in my experience,  caffeine actually made my babies move LESS.  Constricted blood vessels,  maybe?  If you drink a whole glass of orange juice and lie down,  you'll probably feel something.

Best wishes.
Im in the same boat and waiting for my next appointment and to see what the rplies are. Im 17 weeks, and have felt absolutley nothing, also my second baby, so i keep expecting to feel things quicker