fifth disease and 12 weeks pregnant
hi i don't know if i can deal with much more  12 weeks on bed rest right now cus of losing one of the twins still having pains and just under the weather and now this fifth disease  my daughters came home from school at lunch and said that there was fifth disease in to school so i called and yes there is has been for over a week and no letter sent home at this point not impressed with the school have looked it up online so i called the Dr and i have to go in to see her tonight with all three kid to get check but from what i have read there is no real way to see unless you have the rash and at that point there not contagious anymore but the Dr said to keep the kids home from school so i was wondering if any one else has ever had to deal with this while being pregnant as it can cause some problems from what i have read with the baby i know its a small %  but i'm already high risk for fetal anemia because of my blood type and high risk for m/c as i have had 5  late m/c not including the one we just lost three weeks ago, was just wondering what you all thought sorry its so long
When I was 5 months pregnant I was exposed to fifths disease.  My dr monitored me for a month with blood tests, turns out I was immune.   Even if one of your children get it it doesn't mean you will.
Yes, you can have a blood test with results to you in a couple days.  I am a teacher and was exposed to it during my first pregnancy five years ago and again last week during my 13th week of this pregnancy.  The blood test is for parvovirus, which, if you are around kids much (like I am at school or even you with your own 3 and the things they bring home) chances are very good you are already immune to it.

The blood test is a big relief!  Good luck to you.
Ditto^^^ I was exposed at 11 weeks and tested. Was immune. Dr said most women are immune due to being around kids. Most were already exposed and once exposed cannot get it. 2 of 3 of my nephews got it. The little guy pretty bad. School said tons of kids w/it. No letters sent home either.
how old are your children? the illness is more common among young children, and if your kids are older, chances are they had it at some point (especially if they were ever in daycare of preschool). i teach preschool, so my dr tested me to see if i had it at the beginning of my pregnancy.  i am immune. also, just because it's in the school, doesn't mean your kids have been explosed to it. hopefully, it's not in either of their classes. it's true- the rash is the main symptom and once it's out, they're not contagious. but you can watch for a low-grade temp before hand, as that is often the only symptom while contagious. that's why fifths goes around schools so quickly- you often can't tell kids have it.

i'm concerned that the school knew about it for so long before notifying parents. we send out notices as soon as a case is confirmed by a doctor. hopefully, they took precautions and disinfected everything, including common areas.

and if god forbid you do get it... one of the parents in one of my classes got fifths while pregnant (third trimester). there were complications, and the baby was born prematurely, but both mom and baby ended up being ok in the long run.
hi all thanks for the advice it had me prepared before i went to the dr well she said as none of my children have it right now that's a good thing and she looked in my file and well my middle one who is 8 had it 4 years ago i didn't know as it was my DH that took her funny how they forget to tell you things not sure were i was because i usually take them to the Dr, that and i don't remember her having it but apparently she did  so she thinks that I'm immune to it our oldest is 12 our youngest is 3 he might not be immune to it yet but if hes going to get it hes already been exposed so not much we can do i asked about the blood test and she said that b/c i have had so much blood taken in the last 4 weeks and that has been every other day she said no as my veins in my arms and hands are shot that and one is already a little infected she said if i have any symptoms to come in and see her right away, i see her every two weeks as it is so she will just keep a closer eye on thing in the next month thank you all again for your help i was freaking out at first but am ok now