first period after childbirth
I had my son on April 5 and had the lochia bleeding for about 3 weeks and then it completely stopped.  At 5 1/2 weeks post-partum, I started what I assumed was my period. (Im not breastfeeding).  That started on May 15 and stopped completely on May 21.  It was longer than my pre-pregnancy periods.  My normal one lasts about 5 - 7 days. I didn't think anything of it since I've read that the first period after childbirth is usually heavier than normal.

What Im puzzled by, is that on May 28....I started what seems to be another period (moderate flow..sorry if TMI)  From May 21 - 28...nothing.  And now bleeding again.   Could the bleeding from May 15-21 still have been lochia? Or is having 2 periods in one cycle common after childbirth?  

I have a message into my Dr.s office just to be sure, but what wondering if any of you new moms have experienced wacky first periods after childbirth... ?
As I said, I am not breastfeeding and Im also not on any birth control pills.