first pregnancy 14 weeks&still no weight gain???
This is my first pregnancy and I'm 14 weeks, in my first trimester I had a pretty good appetite till about 9 weeks and then it completely went away but I still ate atleast three meals a day but now it gets harder and harder to eat, is this normal? I was 120 when I found out I was pregnant and I sometimes find myself weighing three pounds less on the scale but I always go back up to 120 a day later. I don't have morning sickness because I was on Zofran just about the whole 1st trimester now I don't need it. If this is completely normal I'm so sorry, but its my first pregnancy and I worry about the baby a lot. I'll be 18 in February, could my age have anything to do with it? 120 is the most I've ever weighed, I've had weight gain problems my whole life, could that be part of my problem?
Hi!
If you are pregnant and not gaining weight then you need to get this investigated. You need to get an ultrasound to see if the baby is growing properly or not. Hyperthyroidism and diabetes can make it difficult o gain weight in pregnancy and may have adverse effect on pregnancy. Hence, this needs to be investigated. You may not be eating enough and may have an eating disorder.  Worms in stool is another possibility. It can even be malabsorption syndrome. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!