Maternal & Child Community
forceps vs. vaccum
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

forceps vs. vaccum

Just wondering what people think... which is better? or safer? experiences, thoughts research whatever :)

11 days left for me!!! trying to finish up my opinions on things :)
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
164559_tn?1233711618
Vaccum is considered to be safer and is usually the one they try first.
Blank
You assume they'll need to use either/or?  I never even thought of it and luckily they never needed to use anything.
Blank
108334_tn?1253647995
I think a vacuum is safer than forceps if necessary. Like Peek (I think it was Peek?) said yesterday, forceps are hardly ever used anymore.
I almost needed a vacuum and I was ok with it since DS was in distress and had to come out NOW. If it comes down to baby in distress, trust me, you won't even think of it, you just want them safe. : )
Blank
178188_tn?1207883468
i know i'm asking too many questions but i wanna know what they mean when they tell me we're going to have to do ..... THIS.... now.....

mostly just wanna know everything and i cant lol
Blank
108334_tn?1253647995
Knowing is half the battle : )
I asked my dr tons of questions and I found that all the birthing/breastfeeding/newborn care/epidural classes my hospital offered were great! I think the epidural class was the best about what happens when you're in the hospital in labor. Probably too late for the classes if you didn't take them. ; )
Blank
Hello I just wanted to let you know when my son was born I had to have first the forceps anlong with the vacume just to get him OUT!! During this the vacume was on his head and while "sucking"him out the managed to flip my sons front plate bone on his skull (your forehead bone) thankfully my son has not suffered any complications from this he is know almost 8yrs old and doing just fine he just has a pointy bump on the top of his forehead in his hair line so it is not noticable at all. I dont recommended the vacume but under ANY circumstances where your child needs help enterning the world as a mom you will do anything to help your baby along. Hope this helps
Blank
108334_tn?1253647995
OMG! Glad he's okay.
Blank
175662_tn?1282217256
I found out that my hospital doesn't use forceps anymore at all only vacuum.  Too many accidents and potentially serious issues arose with the forceps.  Personally I'm not comfortable with either, and Archer just made me feel all the more so!  Anyhow talk to your doctor Lily they might not use forceps anymore either.
Blank
they both seemed awful to me. they were both used on my last delivery and none worked. i opted to have a c-section this time. my son had a very rough time coming out and was injured. i saw how those tools were used when i went in with my sis-in-law and she had her baby. i hope if they use something one you you don't have to see how it's done. good luck
Blank
With my first they FORCED her out with forceps, I was upset to begin with cause she should have been a c section anyways, she was stuck. They tried the vacuum first and it kept popping off cause she had so much hair! LOL Anyways I didn't like the forceps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...