forceps vs. vaccum
Just wondering what people think... which is better? or safer? experiences, thoughts research whatever :)

11 days left for me!!! trying to finish up my opinions on things :)
Vaccum is considered to be safer and is usually the one they try first.
You assume they'll need to use either/or?  I never even thought of it and luckily they never needed to use anything.
I think a vacuum is safer than forceps if necessary. Like Peek (I think it was Peek?) said yesterday, forceps are hardly ever used anymore.
I almost needed a vacuum and I was ok with it since DS was in distress and had to come out NOW. If it comes down to baby in distress, trust me, you won't even think of it, you just want them safe. : )
i know i'm asking too many questions but i wanna know what they mean when they tell me we're going to have to do ..... THIS.... now.....

mostly just wanna know everything and i cant lol
Knowing is half the battle : )
I asked my dr tons of questions and I found that all the birthing/breastfeeding/newborn care/epidural classes my hospital offered were great! I think the epidural class was the best about what happens when you're in the hospital in labor. Probably too late for the classes if you didn't take them. ; )
Hello I just wanted to let you know when my son was born I had to have first the forceps anlong with the vacume just to get him OUT!! During this the vacume was on his head and while "sucking"him out the managed to flip my sons front plate bone on his skull (your forehead bone) thankfully my son has not suffered any complications from this he is know almost 8yrs old and doing just fine he just has a pointy bump on the top of his forehead in his hair line so it is not noticable at all. I dont recommended the vacume but under ANY circumstances where your child needs help enterning the world as a mom you will do anything to help your baby along. Hope this helps
OMG! Glad he's okay.
I found out that my hospital doesn't use forceps anymore at all only vacuum.  Too many accidents and potentially serious issues arose with the forceps.  Personally I'm not comfortable with either, and Archer just made me feel all the more so!  Anyhow talk to your doctor Lily they might not use forceps anymore either.
they both seemed awful to me. they were both used on my last delivery and none worked. i opted to have a c-section this time. my son had a very rough time coming out and was injured. i saw how those tools were used when i went in with my sis-in-law and she had her baby. i hope if they use something one you you don't have to see how it's done. good luck
With my first they FORCED her out with forceps, I was upset to begin with cause she should have been a c section anyways, she was stuck. They tried the vacuum first and it kept popping off cause she had so much hair! LOL Anyways I didn't like the forceps.