Maternal & Child Community
freaking out a little.. Cervix and ovarian stuff

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

background, 3.5 weeks ago I was at a dr. office for a medical for a us visa. All went well until the dr. asked if I was pregant. I knew I wasn't, but she said my uterus felt like a 16 week pregnancy. I did a test, negative and she told me it was probably a fibroid, not a huge concern but get checked out at home. 5 days later I went to my dr. he felt same thing and sent me for a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound. I got a call 2 hours later to come in. Turns out it's a massive 16 cm ovarian complex cyst. Everything else looked good, it was contained and all other organs appear to be untouched. Okay, fine. I get refered to a gyn-onc. I knew surgery was inevitable and was fine with that hoping it would be soon. My appointment was yesterday. Well, She explained that yes it's large, but movable and thats a good thing. Everything else seemed fine. I had zero symptoms other than peeing quite often and looking big in the tummy. I seriously had no idea!! So, she does an exam and sees my cervix has a hard spot, and some red colour I think? She deicded on the spot to do a biopsy. Took 3 of them, not great feeling. She is sending it for a rush to find out pathology. She said she wasn't " overlly concerned " but needs to know as it will change my surgery on this tuesday. I'm trying to stay positive and that this is all normal, no cancer. I feel great, haven't felt this good in a long time.

Oh, my pap test 2 weeks ago came back clear so not sure why looking at my cervix and feeling it she would jump to doing a biopsy. I know that worst case, I'm facing a radical hyst. next week and I'm okay with that. Best case, biopsy is negative, I have surgery and leave with most of my parts intact and I'm done.

So, couple things. A large complex ovarian cyst, septated, some fluid no symptoms. Anyone want to share they had something similar and the outcome? Second, this strange cervix finding, what could it be if not cancer? Recovery time from a radical hyst? What should I expect? I appreciate any responses!! Thank you
Tags: complex cyst, cervical biopsy after normal p, abnormal PAP smear
By radical hysterectomy, do you mean just a hysterectomy?  My sil had one and it took her a week to be less gingerly in walking, and a month to feel fine again.

As for the cyst, a friend of mine had an ovarian cyst the size of a cantaloupe removed, and there were no complications and it was not adhered to anything else, and she never acted like it was a big deal.  I'm sorry but I don't know how long it took her to feel normal after the removal, but she sure shrugged it off.

Good luck!