Maternal & Child Community
frequent masturbation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

frequent masturbation

I finally got pregnant - with invitro fertilization - and dr said i probably had a late implantation, because my early ultrasounds don't show much.  I'm over 40 and i'm only 7 weeks and I can't get over how sexed up I've become. I'm constantly rubbing my breasts and wanting to masturbate. what the heck is going on?  Last night after masturbation and orgasm, I bled. I didn't do any penetration, just rubbed clitoris which has also become quite sensitive.  The bleeding seems to have subsided today as I see only little blood only when I wipe. Is this bleed normal? Could the bleeding be the sign of a miscarriage - or from the orgasm? Is it safe to continue masturbation?
Normally it should be "safe" or relatively so.  But considering you did IVF and there are already risks with that, I would definately try to hold off till after the 12th week to make sure things are more "Stable".  Remember brown blood is "old" blood and red blood is "new" and its the red blood you need to watch for.
This is the second time today you have asked the same question.  Go back to your original posts and I am sure folks answered you.

I personally think your questions are inappropriate and just plain wierd for someone who is so desirous of having a child that she would go through ivf.  Surely your doctor discussed what was safe with you.
Since you have had bleeding I would hold off untill you talk with your Dr.

And I wanted to say that in my opinion, I don't think there was anything wrong with your question.  Any question related to children and/or pregnancy is welcome here.  That is what this forum if for.  And there are a lot of women that have an increased sex drive while they are pregnant.  With my last pregnancy my dh would see me coming and turn around and run because he was so tired! lol

The high sex drive is very normal.  But I would try and hold off untill you talk with your Dr. and tell him that you had some bleeding.

Congrats on the baby!
I posted on your last subject about this earlier. I just read your response to us on there and I will respond again. You stated that orgasms make your uterus contract. In fact you are right. BUT!! Your uterus starts to contract on it's own at about 7wks or so to prepare for the labor you will endure in another 7months. Those are called braxton hicks contractions. Of course at 7wks you don't feel them  or even know they are happening but they are. Your body is very smart. Also orgasms cause endorphins and other nice chemicals of happiness to be released from your brain which in fact has a good effect on you. What effects you well will not harm your baby. The only times sex or orgasm is prohibited during pregnancy is if you have placenta previa or are at high risk of preterm labor..... things like that. Also your cervix is like a sponge and is holding a enormous amount of blood at the moment due to this new life.... any little twinge or anything can make you bleed. If you are bleeding you do however need to call your doctor and let them know. There are things that they need to check for like subchronic hemorrhage. Most of the time women who bleed during their first trimester and go on to continue a normal pregnancy they never find out why they were bleeding. It is just something that can happen. If you ever start to cramp severely you need to go to the doctors or hospital. I will say again that masturbation does not cause a miscarriage.
i must have misread what you meant, did you mean that masturbating drains the soul and the bank account? you must have meant something else lol.
it's unfortunate that's what you read into this - the truth is that I'm rather scared of all the changes that's been happening - i've never had children in the past. i opened up to this forum for support and wanting to hear from some that may have gone through this.  hearing from past experiences is often more comforting than hearing a dr's medical opinion. it's hard to open up on the emotional side. ps; the fact that i dished out the dough for IVF is irrelevant - i've had to make many financial, and other sacrifices - and it has not been an easy experience.  the incredible amount of meds, injections, etc. not to mention the financial obligations can be overwhelming.  it's rather displeasing and hurtful to read your response, i suppose if you knew all the details of my life you may reconsider, but at this point, i'm not willing to share that with you. i thank the others who have responded - and maybe posting more than once could be considered a sign of desperation and hope that you might have a more open mind
Just kinda responding to everyone here - this is a pregnancy forum and so lots of different questions - I know that a couple of questions I have asked and felt so stupid in asking - I'm 36 years old - I work in preschool constantly around pregnant women - plus I have two sisters with five pregnancies between them - but I feel so stupid when it comes to this whole process - I am reading like crazy and still feel like I know absolutely nothing - I have been so blessed to find this forum and the forum for women over 35 - all of you ladies have been so kind and answered some of those stupid questions I have asked and never made me feel stupid for asking them - thank you all

as for masturbating early in pregnancy - if it was me, I think I would hold off - wish I had some solid scientific proof for ya on that - my basic thinking is that this whole process drains a soul - its so hard physically, mentally, emotionally and financially.  I wouldn't do anything that I think would be detrimental to a pregnancy - that's why most of us give up caffeine and chocolate and alchohol (I'd love nothing better then a strawberry daquiri today - lol) Take care of yourself and if in doubt - just don't until you ask your doctor - good luck

It wasn't the question, just the fact that she feels the need to post the exact same thing an hour later.  And if you look above she has posted again.  The multiple posts make me think attention seeker, not genuine inquiry.  And honestly if someone has put out the dough to do ivf, don't you think they would have all the facts?
Your right, I dont' know about your life, and you don't know about mine.  We are anonymous strangers posting on a forum.  We go by our instincts when we read the questions...sometimes our gut feeling may be wrong.  After you have been on here awhile you will also see a lot of fake posts, commonly referred to as "trolls" by the folks who have been on here a long time.

If you are are that desperate and concerned you should talk to your doc, not a bunch of strangers on-line.  None of us (except peekawho) are medical experts, we are just women with very strong opinions.
haha!~! pregnancy makes me stupid lately, a drooling stupid moron.  nice.  yes after i wrote that i figured that is what you meant, but really you just never know around here. lol i enjoyed that chuckle too!
LOL - yes, you did read wrong - I meant the whole process - as is the whole infertility struggle is draining - but yeah, I suppose masturbation can be pretty draining as well - maybe that's why men always fall asleep after sex....thanks for the giggle
Feel free to post whatever you want, that's why were all here and disregard any bitterness. It is normal to be "superhorny" while pregnant. Thank you for sharing it with us and diregard the jargon
I'm glad you asked the question because I just had an IUI and I am horny as hell. I want to masturbate right now but I was not for sure if it would interfere with the IUI. I just started reading different forums of women trying to have a baby and I find helpful information on each site. Thanks Valvic42
This is not something that I talk about openly (we are made to feel it's dirty or something), but I too was super horny in the beginning. Even though I didn't masturbate much before I got pregnant, I had much more of a desire to do so after. I had a lot of bleeding early in my pregnancy, and the very first time it happened was within minutes of masturbating. I thought for sure it was the cause, and it may very well have been, but only because I had an irritated cervix from an infection. I was told to hold off until the infection cleared (masturbation and sex). Once it did I had another episode of bleeding, but that was related to placenta problems that have now resolved.
I just want to say that I admire your guts to open up the way you did. I'm sure there are lots of women out there who want to ask questions like yours but are just too afraid of being judged (myself included at one time). Feel free to continue talking openly...it's very refreshing :-)
Maybe you have been on this forum to long and need to do something else with your time. You are so judgemental and very RUDE to people and thier feelings. If you haven't experienced what she is experienced how can you even comment even if you have experienced what she's going through why all the negative comments we are all going through issues here and we don't need PEOPLE like YOU making things worse. You make it seem like she can't or is not suppose to have a sex drive. And there is NOTHING wrong with having IVF done.. There is a saying and it goes like this if you havie nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all won't you try it...

Valvic42 Good luck with your pregnacy and masturbate all you please.
Don't let people like her discourage you..
Good Luck and God Bless
masturbation is a normal and healty thing. Why do women have to be so cruel? This forum is here for people to ask questions. Why is it ok for women to ask questions about having sex but it's so terrible to ask about something like masturbation. Valvic42 - I am sorry you were made to feel stupid. That was so wrong. Your hormones are raging and i can tell you I was H-O-R-N-Y when I was pregnant. I'm not a freak, I'm just a normal mother of two. I can also tell you that orgasms made the baby buldge out and give me lots of pressure during my first pregnancy, but it was totally fine and she's healthy and 4 years old. it's best you ask your dr about the bleeding and make sure it is ok to be doing that. it doesn't matter that you posted twice. If your new here it can be a little confusing and obviously this is something that's worrying you. Hang in there, i'm sure everything is fine. Don't let a few stiffs who think they own this forum push you away.
Wow..... anxiousmomtobe needs to find something else to do in her spare time rather than make people who are looking for help feel like ****.  I actually just typed in "brown discharge after masturbation" and this site came up.  I just experienced it myself about a half an hour ago and was extremely worried!  I am only 6 weeks... I feel much better now, but will continue to monitor the situation and contact my doctor if it continues.

Get a life anxiousmomtobe... some people find comfort in reading other peoples experiences!