Maternal & Child Community
frozen embryo transfer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

frozen embryo transfer

hi everyone- i went through a frozen embryo transfer on 5/18...i just took a HPT today and it was negative.  my nurse told me that if i did take a HPT that it would not be accurate and that i should wait until the blood test, which is this thursday.  it looks like  many of you have had positive/accurate results with HPTs and it was confirmed with the blood test. i'm trying real hard not to forget about the results that i got, but i'm still feeling hopeless.
has anyone got a negative HPT result, but still got a positive blood test??
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
130384_tn?1221596627
This does happen from time to time.

From what I've read, it's very standard practice to wait a full 2 weeks after the transfer to get a blood test.  My feeling is that if anything less would suffice (like only a urine test at 2 weeks, or a blood test at 10 days) they would do that, but instead they have had the most accurate results by waiting for a blood test 14 days after.  

Maybe you're down right now, but you're not out.  Keep thinking positive and I hope things turn out for you!!!
Blank
thank you-i will stay positive and hope for good news on thursday!
Blank
I had a 5 day transfer...and on 3/13  I was to go on for my blood test on Friday 3/27 but I got a scare and took a HPT and it came back positive a BFP!!!!  Blood test confirmed that...2 days is not going to affect it much.
Blank
My husband and I tried a couple of times with invitro, with my sister as the carrier, but none of them were successful.  I had a hysterectomy at age 21.  I wish uterine transplants would soon be successful.  I am 35 now and hope this soon comes true.  If anyone has any information, please inform.  Thanks.
Blank
my results came back negative...i'm pretty sad and scared.  we will probably wait 1-2 months before we try our 2nd cycle.  this is really very emotional. will the dr. usually change the protocol for different cycles?
Blank
i have been trying to have a babie, yesterday 10th august i had frozen embryo transfer, this is my second as first fail, i have question i want to know if i dont carry before period date is there a sign like bleeding to show lose????

i have blood test 21st august 2007
I had one embryo put as as the surviving on, first time i put 2,
as you all know what this time is like just waiting, im stressing,
ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE GOOD TINA
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources