Maternal & Child Community
gastroschisis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

gastroschisis

My Grandaughter is 3 months old she was born with gastroschisis, she has had 2 bowel resections so far right now she has a ostomy, the last GI series they did showed that the contrast went through the small intestine slow but went through. They also said that it showed that her colon was expanded. What could cause the expanding and what could that mean? for her surgery set  to reconect her intestines?
I don't know if anyone here has experience with this...hopefully if they do, they will pop on to offer some help.

You may want to post this in one of the doctor-to-patient forums (pregnancy, pediatric, GI) -- they usually only allow 1 or 2 questions a day so you have to get there quickly.  Also, they open it to questions at different times each day to allow for different time zones.  It may take a couple of days to post and then a couple of days to get a reply, but a doctor might have better insight (I realize a doctor will know, but some moms on here are truly informative if they have experience with a particular issue).

***Also, I recommend trying to post on the 1/2 hour.  That's what I did and got in at the top of the hour.  Not sure that's how they do it, but like I said, it worked for me.