Maternal & Child Community
genetic chromosomes abnormality

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

genetic chromosomes abnormality

HAS ANYONE HAD A MISSCARRGE DUE TO GENETIC CHROMSOMES ABNORMALITY??THIS WAS MY FIRST MISSCARRIGE AND MY DOCTOR RECOMENDED I SEE A GENETIC CONSULOR..ANY INPUT AS TO WHAT WILL HAPPEN ON FUTURE PREGANCIES??
I had a m/c in oct and my doc told me that about half of all m/c are due to chromosome abnormalties I have also read that they ususally dont do any investigating until yoiu have had 3 m/c. Just because you had this one m/c does not mean that you will have another. You will probably go on to have a healthy pregnancy in the furure. Goos luck. Baby Dust!
THANKS FOR RESPONDING...MY DOCTOR SEND OUT THE FETUS TO SEE Y I M/C..SHE WANTS ME 2 SEE A GENETIC COUNSLOR DUE TO THE RESULTS..I HAD A EXTRA X CHROMOSONE{69XXX}??I'M JUST CONCRENED IF THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN...
When did you miscarry?? I remember your name from before but i dont know when.  I think that genetic abnormalities are a big cause for miscarriage.  That specific abnormality may be genetically passed down from you and the father.  SO genetic counsiling will basically say if you are a carrier of this specific disorder.  How far along were you when you miscarried??  did they tell you if it was a boy or a girl?
When did you miscarry?? I remember your name from before but i dont know when.  I think that genetic abnormalities are a big cause for miscarriage.  That specific abnormality may be genetically passed down from you and the father.  SO genetic counsiling will basically say if you are a carrier of this specific disorder.  How far along were you when you miscarried??
sorry about the double post.. i wanted to delete the last question which i successfully did the second time.. haha.  Obviously if there is a XXX it was a girl.. that is what i am guessing.. SORRY!!
ITS ANDREA....HEY GIRL THANKS 4 RESPONDING..SHE CALLED ME WITH THE RESULTS FROM THE FETUS""OBGYN"AND RECOMMENDED I SEE A GENEIC COUNSULOR..MY APPT ISN'T UNTIL MONDAY AND I'M REALLY NERVOUS...I HAD DNC 1/19...FIRST PREGANCY..
HAHA so sorry.. I have a terrible memory.. I knew you seemed familiar.. i just couldnt place it.  
Anyway.  Did you look up the abnormality online?? that would probably tell you a lot.  ALTHOUGH you might get some unwanted web sites if you type in 69XXX.  They wouldnt test my baby.  They said that since it was my FIRST MISCARRIAGE they normally dont do that since it is so common.  I was like.. Well it never happened to me before..
I'VE BEEN READING ABOUT IT,IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DOWN SYNDROME...IT JUST MAKES ME NERVOUS FOR FUTURE PREGANICES...U NEVER KNOW WHAT 2 EXPECT....THIS WHOLE EXPIRENCE HAS BEEN VERY SCAREY 4 ME..DID U GET YOUR AF YET??HOW WAS YOUR VALENTINES??
I am so sorry you are going through this.  At least now you can be aware of the problem  I am sure the genetic counselor will talk to you about the condition and explain what happened.
I just wanted to let you know that I had a m/c at 9wks and it was b/c the baby had Trisomy 13. The genetic counselor will be able to tell you more, but this pregnancy will have nothing to do with future pregnancies. I think my re told me that it would increase your rate by 1% of something else happening. I went on to have a healthy baby girl one year later! Good luck to you and I'm sorry you're having to go through this!
sometimes they like to visit with you to prevent future problems.  for example, it the problem affects mostly females, then there are steps to take to have a boy instead and hopefully bypass problems.  sometimes its to talk with you about the odds of having a problem again.  down syndrom (syndrome) is a hit or miss thing, i dont think if it happens once, you are destined to have it happen again.  i know you are scared and devistated.  the body does sometimes know when a pg is not viable and takes steps to take care of it.  not that it makes it easier, or you love your baby less. read up as much as you can so you can ask all the questions you need to.  most women who mc, go on to have healthy children in the near future.  i wish you good luck, and i'll be saying a prayer for you!
THANK U GUYS SO MUCH FOR MAKING ME FEEL BETTER!!!!I CALLED THE NURSE BACK 2 ASK HER TO READ ME THE RESULTS AGAIN..SHE TOLD ME NOT 2 WORRY, THAT THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN..I GUESS WHEN I GO TO THE GENETIC COUNSULOR ON MONDAY I'LL HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING...SHE SAID THERE WAS A{ XTRA"X"}..I TRULEY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR NICE RESPONSES..THANKS AGAIN,,GODBLESS
THANKS EMMA....IT REALLY HELPS TO HEAR OTHER PEOPLES PROGRESS AS WELL..JUST READING EVERYBODYS POST AS ALREADY PUT MY MIND AT EASE..THANKS AGAIN...
I'm pretty sure "an extra X" chromosome is Turner's syndrome.  It is one of the Trisomy chromosome abnormalities, meaning the pair of chromosomes (here, the sex chromosomes) has one extra copy.

During my first pregnancy we thought our little one might have one of these disorders, so I learned alot.

It is suspose to be random, so I wish you well in future pg's.
The majority of pregnancies are due to genetic defect. Totally out of our control. M/C's generally don't happen due to something that we've done.
Usually there isn't testing done on the first M/C. Just because they are so common. Most testing is usually done after the second M/C, to see what's happening.
an extra chromisome on trisomy 21 means downs syndrome
I had a missed m/c a couple of years ago (my 3rd m/c). After a D&C they done genetic testing on the embryo which turned out to have a genetic defect of trisomy 13, which is a duplication of the 13th chromosone. Both my dh & I went for genetic testing and it showed that we have no problems with us so that was "bad luck" as they called it. I know you are very nervous, but it really will make you feel much better when you know for sure. I wish you much luck and a healthy baby in the future!!!!!!
I know that this posting is late but i can relate to your questions and answers. I had a m/c on january 23. I went and got the amniocentises to check for downsyndrome because i had abnormalties and the doc recomended i have this done.Unfortunantelt this let to a number of amnios being done on me . They had to take blood from the umbiblical cord and try and put some in my babies vein because my baby was extremely anemic. I was stuck with that long needle about fifty times. I am not trying to scare any of you but i just want you to know what i went through.My blood type is rh-o negative and the reason why i ended up having a m/c besides the fact of being stuck in my belly so many times , My blood was not supposed to mix with my babies blood or it could attack my babies cells so to speak. and thats what ended up making me have a m/c.it is good to know your rh factor because if your blood type would happen to be like minethere are shots that you can get to prevent this from happening.Its called Rhogam.
I have had two m/c in the last year within the first 7 weeks (empty sac). They tested the 2nd time and it came back trisomy 16. I have have a chromosome count and all is ok. I was told to wait 6 months before I tried again (I am now 36). I know my clock is ticking but i am scared to have to go through it all again. Need some boosting... anyone share some light on trisomy 16