Maternal & Child Community
gestational sac but no embryo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

gestational sac but no embryo

Hello
I just had a U/S and I am almost positive that I was 3 weeks and 1 day pregnant since conception, which is 5 weeks and 1 day by LMP. The u/s that showed an empty gestational sac consistent with a 4 week pregnancy, but the nurse said it should be the size of a 5 week pregnancy by LMP (not 4weeks). There was no yolk sac or embryo present. I am very nervous that something went wrong in the pregnency. Does this sound like a normal discrepancy?
Shay
Was there a reason they sent you for an u/s so early? It just seems too early to me to see much other than the sac at this stage. Are you scheduled to go back? You'd be amazed how much difference a week or two will make.
Well, I had a bit of cramping the day before the u/s was done. I didnt have any bleeding. the cramping may have been due to a ruptured cyst that they also found on the U/S or possibly due to constipation. It did not feel like uterine cramping to me, but they brought me in for u/s just in case. My instict tells me that the baby is ok but I am confused to whether or not the yolk sac or embryo should have been visualized.
shay
Oh,
I also had BHCG done today and 2 days ago, I am just so anxious now that I can hardly wait for the results tomorrow.
shay
waaaayyyyy to early to see anything on an ultrasound.I had one done at 7weeks 4 days [Lmp],but the u/s dated me at 5 weeks 3 days with no fetal pole present.I was diagnosed as a blighted ovum and told to go home and wait to miscarry.well,my "blighted ovum" just turned 3 months old and is sitting in her bouncy chair as i type this.The baby is smaller than a grain of rice at 5 weeks,and a u/s might have a hard time finding it.Just relax,and try not to stress [easier said than done,i know].Take care,and keep us posted.
The hcg tests will tell you a lot. I think it's too early to go by the u/s. See what your levels are, if they have doubled that will help. I had a m/c 7/04. Got pg 9/04 and had my hcg levels checked twice every week till I was about 11 wks. It helped give me such peace of mind. Best of luck to you.
Debra
When I was 5 weeks pregnant, they did an u/s because I started spotting and the u/s tech could't really figure out why they wanted to an u/s because other than the sac there was no way they would be able to see anything else.  They scheduled me again at 7 weeks.  Your best bet really is the hcg levels.  Good Luck
Well my doc just called and said that by BHCG from 2 days ago was 7000. I had another BHCG today to see if it doubles. She also wants me to get an ultrasound tomorrow or friday. I will take your advice and try to just relax, I should know much more in the next 24-48 hours and will keep you all posted. Thanks for the reassurance!
Shay
I had also the same thing happen to me at 10 weeks they told me it was a blighten ovum come to find out I went back one week later and there was a baby but he or she had no hrtbt but there is a chance for you , you might be not enough for along to see anyhting, I will send some prayers your way, keep us posted. god bless
good news! I just got back from ultrasound and there is a yolk sac present that wasnt there 4 days ago. They told me that I am 5w4d, the last U/S was just too early!! My bHCG is still very high but I wont worry, its good to see that the baby is growing adequately. Thanks for the help again.
Shay
Yes!  Way to early as another mention as you now know.  You could have ovulated late, implanted late, ect... I am reading an excellent book about fetal development written by a specialist in the field of fetal photography.  This book said that on ultrasound, the fetus will date from time of conception.  For example, if a woman is 5 wks, her baby will show 3 wks on u/s.  This correlates precisely with your case.  Nurses are often not as trained in this area.  Many doctors are not as well since they have had very little u/s training.  You may want to visit this site for encouragement as you get through your pregnancy.  Take care!

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/forums
Just a quick update. I was told by a nurse told that I was at high risk b/c my HCG did not double (7,000-9,000) and my sac was empty at 5-6weeks. As  I awaited an ultrasound which was scheduled for this Friday, I began bleeding! I was so nervous that my miscarriage was actually happening. Well, today I was scheduled for an emergency ultrasound which revealed a yolk sac, embryo, and heartbeat. It was amazing! Lovinmom offered a great website in the previous comment that gave me the courage to stay strong, anyone who is given any indication that they are miscarrying should go there and educate themselves on ultrasound, HCG and other prgenancy info. OB nurses can be so negative and quite uneduacated that you stress yourself and baby unnecessarily! They were already mentioning things like blighted ovum and D&C which was absolutely premature. My baby is 6 weeks, healthy, and I couldnt be more gracious for the support I have received from this site. Stay strong moms to be!
Shay
YEAHHHHHH! glad to hear all is going well!
Yay for you!!!
So pleased that all is ok.Sending you strong,healthy baby dust your way.Takecare :)
Hi~  I too am experiencing the same thing.  I had my first US @ 5w my doc saw the sac but no fetal pole, and 2nd US last Thursday @ 6w 1d; again they saw the sac but not fetal pole.  I had my hcg tested (2) days apart, it went from 3,000 to 14,975. I am terrified because, I had (2) MC in Jun/Dec 2004.  I am 40, and that is why my doc scheduled early US.  My doc is checking my hcg levels again today and schedule another US on this Friday. She said, when there is a sac w/o a fetal pole it's called a "blighted ovum".  If so, I will have my third D&C.  I praying that everything is okay and that my baby is just playing hide n seek.  Is 5-7 weeks too early to see the embryo?  Thanks,
Could you have ovulated late or do you know exactly when you concieved? That was went wrong for me, my dates were off. Your HCG is rising nicely, I bet that next U/S will show the fetal pole. Hopefully you wont be getting the next to soon from now, in a week you should see something. I hope everything goes well for the remainder of your pregnancy. congrats. PS read a bit from the site referred to ealier, it was helpful for me.
Shay
Hi everyone. I am scared to death and looking for answers. I took two pregnancy tests two weeks ago after missing my period by one day. They both came back positive. I'm not real sure of the first date of my last period due to me bleeding off and on for two weeks. But I first started to bleed very lightly on April 14th. That is the date I gave my doctor. I went to the doctor just a few days later for blood work. Their test also showed positive. He said I was about 7 weeks pregnant. I wasnt think I was but about 3 but I thought I had figured wrong. Well last week I started spotting. Very light...brownish sometimes pinkish stuff. Just mainly when I wiped I would notice it. Then on Wednesday, June 1st I woke up and noticed it was more than just spotting. It still wasnt dark red or anything but I was beginning to wipe more than before. I went to the emergency room because my doctor wasnt in that day. They did some blood work, pelvic exam and a vaginal ultrasound. I told them I was about 8 weeks pregnant according to the doc. The u/s showed a 5 week sac that was empty. The u/s guy said he was sorry but there just wasnt anything there and hey we were young we could try again. I broke down and started crying immediately. The doctor came in and said why are you upset? I told him what the doc had said and he said well...your HCG numbers match up with the size of your sac which is 5 weeks. He said he thinks its too early too see anything and that we messed up on my dates. I felt so much better. Well then I come home and that same night start bleeding dark red fresh blood. I'm not cramping and I'm not passing clots. I have miscarried once before and its not like that was. Its off and on throughout the day. I am supposed to call me doctor in the morning to see what they want to do but as for now I am on strict bedrest. Please help me understand what is going on. I feel like I am going crazy. I cant go through losing another child. Thanks!
   I am so excited when I found out that I was pregnant.This is my firt one.The first day of my last period was on May 2 2005.I tested on June 8 and found the pregnancy to be positive.My pcp scheduled me for a blood test and found that too poistive.But after two days i had little pain in my lower abdomen ,so scheduled an appointement with the OB/GYN .I had some brown discharge when i wiped with the tissue ,but very little just like a spot or two.I told this to my OB/GYN.I had an Ultrasound on Friday and they found out that my left ovary has a cyst.The Ultrasound technician said she didnt see any  embyo in the uterus or in the tubes.I was scheduled again for this comming thursday for another ultrasound.My blood work which detects the HCG count will come on monday.I dont know what to do .I am not having any bleeding or anything ,but I had some bachace lastnight.I dont know how many weeks pregnant I am.I have a 35 days cycle and my the first day of my last period is on May 2nd.The nurse assumed my cycle is 28 days and told that,I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant.Is it too early for an U/S to detect anything.I am so worried right now.I have to wait till Thursday for another U/S.The depresssion is killing me all day.I dont feel like doing anything.I called My PCP and told her everything .she says its too early for an U/S to pick up anything.Could anyone please tell me if they had a similar situation.Right now my symptoms are a little backache and nothing else.I dont see any bleeding or any pain.But I am so depressed.I dont want to loose my child.:(
I'm in the same boat as you.  I had an u/s at 6w2d (lmp 5/2).  There was a gestational sac but they est. it at 5w6d.  There was no yolk sac either.  They have me going back on Thursday for another u/s. I'm a mess.  I'm also torn between looking up info on the internet and staying away.  it's been so helpful, but at the same time too much information is dangerous.  I guess all we can do is wait -- and say some prayers.
Hi, I'm having a very similar experience. We have done three rounds of clomid and had a positive pregnancy test June 7th. We couldn't see anything on ultrasound at that point. so i had to go for a quantitative HCG the 8th and 10th. the Dr. said the lvels are rising normally (52 - 106).  we had another ultrasound on the 20th.  At this point we can see a gestational sac bot nothing else.  the Dr. said hopefully it is just early.  I went for a quantitative HCG yesterday and will again tomorrow.  We have another ultrasound on the 28th.  Hopefully it will be ok.
I've had an u/s, transabdominal, when I was about 7w2d. I saw a gestational sac, something blurry and a heart beating!! Also heard it, 125 bmp, but why didn't I see the embryo?? I am not so slender, it was not done transvaginal, so, can that be the reason? The gest. sac diameter was 2,2 cm. Please, if anyone knows something more, reply!! Thanx! Merel, the Nehterlands.
My LMP was June 8th. Im 6 weeks one day I think..right?? This is my first try on climid and so im all in stiches..sorta! Well I had my ultra sound today. (Thursday July 21) I am considered high risk since I have had 3 prior miscarriags 5 years ago. All were only carried till my 5th week. I would start bleeding go in get checked and nothing could be seen in a sac then my hcg would stop doubling. Im nervious this is happening all over agian although this time Im happy to say im not bleeding but nothing was found in the sac. My doctor doesnt want to continue hcg testing being we should see things now on ultrasound:P

My question is shoudnt I atleast see a yolk sac with transvaginal sonogram by now? I go in a week from today for another. Needless to say the wait is horrid. Should I push for more hcg testing? Am I worrying for nothing? She says im 5.5 weeks along judging from the u/s findings. Can you concive that much later?

I am known to have longer periods but I also know we only had intercource 2 times. Once When we saw the ovulation suge and once 2 days later (Friday June 24).

KEEFY!! Update! How are things now?? Sounds like we are in the same boat although you know something now! I hope all is well. I totaly know how you feel..or felt. Hugz
LULU How are things?? No one updates here. I have found some very good sites for early sonograms. Maybe this will help? http://radiology.creighton.edu/ultraofearlypreg.html#anchor123318

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com
Well, I went for my first u/s and I am 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant. This is my second pregnancy. My first child is now 19 months old and very healthy.
To our surprise... we saw two yolks sacs..but they look every different. The one is pitch black with a clear circular ring around. and inside you can clearly see the embryo and we heard the heart beat all seems well there. The doctor is really happy with the first sac.
The second sac is very different. it is not clear... it seems more grey.. and we cant find an embryo inside. So the doc thinks this is a blighted Ovum.
Is it to early to tell at 6w6d.. doc wants to see me next week and I am so scared that the one developing slower than the other.. the sacs measure the same though..2.6mm it is still soooooo small... could i end up with twins ??
I went for my first u/s today and the tech told me she could see a sac and nothing else. I had my 3rd m/c in August and got pregnant again right away. I think they have their dates wrong because I most likely ovulatedw late because of the m/c right? I have to go back next week for another u/s to see if there is any changes.
Hi there ladies
I am feeling that i need to talk to someone despartley.
I am according to the doctors 6w5d pregnant. i went for my first u/s today and they said that there is a gestational sac but no fetal pole, and that there should be at this stage. I have to wait another 10days to confirm wether or not the pregnancy is irregular. I am so confused, one minute your on high that your pregnant the next they say something like tat and you don't know what to feel.
At what stage are you supposed to see the fetal pole? Also according to my cycle i am really only 4 weeks how ever the doc goes off the first day of your last period. However i can't of been ovulating then.
Aaggh this is just so frustrating.
Any answers would be great.
I went in for a dating ultrasound two weeks ago and saw a gestational sac with a yolk sac dating 6w0d. That corresponded with my own prediction based on symptoms. It was too early to be very accurate so they sent me back two weeks later (yesterday) just to be more sure. This time there was still one gestational sac, but with two yolk sacs. One of the yolk sacs had a fetal pole on the top of it that the tech said she could see a "flicker" of a heartbeat on. It was still too faint to pick up on doppler. Well, the one with the fetal pole should have measured 8w0d, but only measured 7w0d. Also, the fetal pole only measured 6w4d. It looked much different than the one I had with my son at 8 wks. Am I having twins or at risk for a miscarriage? They decided not to take blood for HCG, so they must not be that concerned, but I am. I'm going back next Fri for a third transvaginal U/S.
I just wanted to let everyone know how much this website has helped me & my husbannd and  how much i appricate your honestly.  I jsut went in today & saw alsmot the same thing you gusy are talkign about, the sac measured 7w3d but no yoke, they want me to make a decision on monday when i go back in for another u/s.  Your hlep has encouraged me to wait, i could yet have a healthy baby floating in that sac :).
hello.. 2 days ago, i went for an TVS. I was exactly 8 weeks pregnant that day... the result showed a  mean sac diameter of 2.1 cm compatible with  6-7weeks age of gestation but no visible embryo nor yolk sac... the sonologist suggested that i a have a follow-up after two weeks.... i'm worried & i cried a lot because last year i had D & C for my first pregnancy.. my husband & I really want to have a baby..
I am VERY nervous. Yesterday I went in for my 1st prenatal visit and was told I was about 4 weeks along. All they can see is the gestational sac with nothing else. I am very nervous as I has a stillborn child 6 years ago. The u/s tech told me not to worry that it was just to early to see anything yet. Is that true? I was so excited when I found out I was pregnant...I can't go through this again? Can anyone help?
I went fro my first u/s yesterday, according to the menstrual dates i am 8 weeks pregnant but according to the u/s it showed me 6 weeks 4 days. the doc saw two sac, one complete and other vague but could not see any fetus inside. she has asked me to come after 10 days.
All this is very scaring and deppressing , i m crying since yesterday.
What could be the possibility. plz suggest. i will be dead if i loose my baby.
I took two pregnancy tests recently and they both came out positive.On the day that my mensus was supposed to come on I had very mild spotting.Today I decided to go to the  local ER for a ultrasound because I had a clear-light brownish spot.It was horrible.They confirmed me to be 5 weeks pregnant.I know that I am not 5 weeks because my boyfriend was away for a whole week before we were intimate.I think that I am at least 3 weeks.Anyways,the doctor was kind of cut throat,he  told me that I was diagnosed  with a threatened abortion.He didnt try explaining anything to me.I kind of went home left in the dark.I havent had heavy spotting or bleading yet.But basically I am waiting to miscarry.My HCG levels are 3000 as of today.I was told  that my levels have to be at least 6000 in a few days.I had a TVU and  there was sac but no embryo.I am really nervous.I m/c in 10/2006.
I had a m/s in April was still spoting afterwards.  I think I conceived shortly after my m/s as I didn't have my normal period until I did home preg test and the test was positive.  I visited by gyn on Sat (very moody doc) and he told me I'm 6 wks non-embroynic preg bt I think I'm 7wks.  He told me to expect my period at anytime and must come back for cleaning.  He didn't give me hope or what so ever neither any expl of what may be the problem.  He told me to come see him again after 12 days even though it doesn't look good as the sac is empty.  I went home depressed knowing that I will soon miscarry.  I pray God for that not to happen.  How long does it take for the embro to develop?  Do you think when I go back he might see something? my last preg, there was a heartbeat at 6 wks.
I have just had my first scan and the sac is a little small (5 weeks and 4 days) for the gestation which is 6 weeks and 4 days. Has this happened to anyone? Will the sac catch up or do I rist my baby outgrowing the sac? I am quite worried and waiting for time to pass so I can have my next scan in two weeks.

Hi there, is the embroy now visible?  Any new from the docs  Hope all is well with you...
I have a 45 day menstrual cycle.  My last period was on April 8th and on May 22nd a blood test confirmed my pregnancy (said I was 6 weeks along).  Today I had my 1st ultrasound and they saw the sac but no fetus.  They now think I am only 5 weeks along since my irregular period cycle.  I am scheduled to go back in a week and they prepared me for the worst - but suggested I induce a miscarriage if there is still no fetus.  Do you think this would be a premature decision if in fact I will only be 6 weeks along by then? I went from being on cloud 9 to 6 feet under in minutes...
I really wish you luck girl.  I know how it feels.  Don't dispair.  This is your 1st altrasound, go for you second and see what happens.  All these successful stories I have been reading gave me so much hope.  I'm going for my second A/S on Thursay and honestly hoping for the best.  I was prepared for the worst and was told to wait for my menstrual at anytime from that day, it hasn't come and there is no sign of it.  Keep on praying and leave everything in the hands of God.
How far along are you?  I think you have the right attitude...hope for the best.  I'm carrying on as if things are progressing normally...just 5 ½ weeks behind where i thought I was.  That's all I can do until Monday.  Good luck for Thursday.
I'm around 8 weeks 3 days.  Honestly, I carry on like nothing is happening.  I can't wait for tomorrow though I'm so nervous.  I'm gonna go with an open mind.  Good luck with
How are things going sending you my prayers all is well.
i have had really similar experiences to all of you guys... this is our first pregnancy, and we found out on June 3rd. the first day of  my last period was april 30, so when I went to the OB around June 10th, they of course estimated my pregnancy at 5wks and 5days. So she scheduled my 1st ultrasound in 2wks. I went and the doctor saw nothing, just the gestational sac. She basically told me that I was having a chemical pregnancy and that I would probably miscarry withing the next week. Of course me and my husband were devastated. She told me she wanted me to get my hcg levels tested, so the next morning she had the results and the levels were still high.  She wanted me to reschedule and get another ultrasound done, this time I saw a different doctor with more experience, and he saw the same thing, so he sent me to a more high-tech ultrasound facility. The technician there saw the gestational sac and the yolk sac but no fetal pole... of course I was really freaked out, but I had had my hcg levels tested 2wice in the last weeks and they had still gone up, no spotting or cramping at all. THe doctor told me that my hcg levels were only showing me at 4-6 weeks. which is a huge difference, becuase according to my period dates I should be about 8wks at this point. The doctor told me to wait and go for another ultrasound in 2weeks, I went wednesday of this week  and they found my baby!!! very small.... but it was there. They still have concerns, there telling me that my baby size is about 6 and 1/2 weeks. which correlates with my hcg levels. They found no heartbeat.... which is that to early??? and they said my gestational sac looked bigger than what the size of the baby is..... i go for a meeting with my doctor next week and, im getting my hcg levels tested again. so hopefully something will be there?? has anyone had a similiar situation... its so hard to handle... i guess just the anticipation...
I am also scared to death, as I am 39 and this is my first pregnancy. My last period was on Jun 18th, and I am supposed to be pregnant around 6 weeks. I don't feel pregnant at all, no nausea, no headaches, nothing. Yesterday they sent me for another blood test and u/s and the same thing - technitian saw only gestational sac. I don't feel life inside of me. I am soo scared, need to live through 3 more days to find out about Hcg level..
Thank you all for your support
I had some spotting so i went for an emergancy ultrasound. I was told by my doctor that im 8 weeks pregnant as my last period was on 26-6-08. But actually the ultra shoud shows im nearly 6 weeks. It shows the gestational sec but without fetal and they also saw a cyst. Now they are doing some blood tests..... any suggestions.........
Coz im a bit worried.

XAR
Hi i had a u/s on Saturday that revealed i had an empty gestational sac, I thought i was 7 weeks along according to my LMP, the technician advised that my gest sac measured 6 weeks. I have a balanced translocation which makes me feel uneasy and further more TERRIFIED that I will miscarry. I have had no spotting but have had cramps on and off since i got a positive pregnancy test. I'm tossed up as to what may happen all the proffesionals advise me that i am looking at a blithe ovum and to expect a miscarriage soon as the news is not good and something should of came up on the u/s by now.
Going to the drs tomorrow to get some hcg levels done and possibly another u/s in a few weeks.
I went to the doc at 8 weeks, 3 days and they did my first vag u/s and saw gestational sac, no yolk and told me I have a blighted ovum.  I was very upset as they were talking about placing pills to make me miscarry or having a D&C.  I went back 2 days later to get the cytotec placed and the sac was still there and at the top we saw a little bit of echo and I told her that my LMP was July 5 and tested neg on Aug 1st and 2nd with a light pos on Aug 3rd, she then told me to wait a week because I may not be as far along.  I've had the normal cramping I had with my son throughout and only very very light spotting due to being examined.  I am going through torture as waiting to determine my family's fate is terrible!

I have done alot of research on this and many many people have had the same thing happen and gone back after a week or so and the baby was there.  When I go back this Thursday 9/11 I will be 9 weeks, 5 days.  I am not sure what to do if they still don't find any baby, should I just wait it out and let nature take it's course?  I just hate the not knowing part.
I am so glad that a lot of people are on the same boat with me! (with the u/s result being 2 weeks earlier than the cycle age). My last m/s was 26 July 2008, and the cycle is around 32 days.. So I should be around 6 weeks now.. I went to the doctor but what we could see was a very small dot that he suspect a gestational sac at 5mm...
The prediction was it's surprisingly at 4w2d...  Anyway I have to come back for another u/s in 2 weeks time. Cross fingers :)
I am going through the same thing. 3 weeks ago i found out that i am pregnant but since i have very irregular cycles i just had no idea of when it happened but anyway my doctor has checked my HcG levels 4 times in the last 2 weeks and she says that my levels are rising the way they're supposed to but i am very scared and nervous because i went for my first u/s yesterday and according to that i'm 5 wks 3 days but the tech was only able to see an empty gestational sac but she told me not to worry and that maybe it was just early but i can't help it, i am so worried because i had 2 miscarriages in the past. I'm supposed to go for a 2nd u/s in a week and hopefully they will be able to see more than just and empty sac.
Hi All,
Just wanted you guys to know how this site has so helped me. i went for an U/S yesterday & my pregnancy was said to be 5 wks old &was told there was a gestational sac and no fetalpole.I was so scared because i have been spotting. will go back for an U/s in 2weeks. Thanks for all your insite
even i h sail in the same boat my last lmp was august1 according to dr 7 weeks and i day went for an ultrasound the report was gestational sac and yolc sc seen but embryo not seen.The gestational sac measures 18mm and only five weeks according to the scan.The dr asked me to come after a weeek for another ultrasound scan.I am just praying that everything will go on well.For past two days  i am having sever back pain and  terrible stomach pain .I feel like i amgoing to get  my periods.Anyone experienced like this?
hey...i did an u/s and it stated that a small cystic area appears to be a gestational sac of < 5 weeks. But no foetal dipole is identified...what does that mean?
My only son, 8 years old, passed away last Feb 29, 2008 due to severe asthma attack that left me want to die, i felt that my purpose in living was gone, I cried everyday and really cannot recover from the tragedy. Until last Oct 26, after several months of trying to conceive again, i tested positive which brought smile again to my face and a new hope. Needless to say, I was very happy and also the rest of my family, we celebrated the good news. I immediately went to my son's resting place to tell him the good news that he will have a new sibling. But my happiness is shortlived when on Nov. 6 I notive 2 brown spot and cried out in fear, the next day I went to my OB who ordered a transvaginal ultrasound which revealed a 4 week 4 days gestational sac with no indication of an embryo. my world started falling apart. then my OB instructed me for a total bedrest for 2 weeks and a repeat Tranv.ultrasound on Nov 21. to determine if the pregnancy will materialise. Until now i experience light bleeding brown to dark brown in color. I was so depressed and afraid that my pregnancy will end. If anyone has the same experience, please tell me something positive.
By the way, this is my sister's question. She just post it on my account.
Thanks for all of you who will post a reply.

Kathy
This is my first pregnancy and on my first ultrasound the technician found two sacs with no embyo, yolk, or heart beat.  My doctor estimated I was 8 weeks but the sacs were measuring 5 weeks, with one a little smaller than the other.  This week I began experiencing brown discharge but only when I wipe.  So I went for a second u/s today and still no embryo, yolk, heart beat is being seen.  The technician is a different person but she mentioned that I could be early.  But she mentioned how many weeks I am measuring and it is the same as the last u/s last week.  Is it possible that I am going to m/c or have a blighted ovum?  I am really terrified and cannot take the wait.  Have anyone else encountered this problem?
hi!
im 10-11 weeks pregnant and i have u/s and the technician told she cant see the baby im so scared... pls help me
I am supposedly 9 weeks pregnant. I went for my 2nd u/s yesterday, as the first at 4 wks showed nothing except ripe ovum, and it showed nothing again except an empty sac...I have been told to expect to miscarry in the next few weeks!! I decided against a d & c as I still feel normal. I have been feeling as pregnant as ever today with nausea but a little crampy although nothing different to my first pregnancy with my son. I really don't want to lose this baby but know what will be will be. Has anyone had a similar experience and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?????
pz help im so confsed i had my 12 week scan today and thay sead there was a sack (that is 5-7week) bt no embryo and told me to go back tomoro morning for a D&C but now i read all thes comments i was wondering if i cold ask my Dr to wait a week or so and have a nother scan?? i know there is a good chance there wount be an embryo but if there is the slightest chance i would like to wait and see !! Do  i have the right to ask ???
kellie
My husband and I went to the doc last Tuesday and they calculated that I should be a little over 6 weeks but the did an u/s and the gest. sac only measured 4 wks. My hcg levels were 805 and 48 hours later they were 1205. We went to the doc office 6 days after the first u/s and the gest sac had doubled in size but still no yolk sac or anything. My hcg levels should have been in the 3000 but were only 2600. Not sure what to think???? Going for an u/s this coming monday.
I had a scan Thursday and they said could only see sack 2-2 cm and nothing more. They went off my last period so intially thought I was 11 weeks but they said the dates are either very wrong or I have miscarried. Had 1 lot of bloods and get my next on Monday for hcg levels, get the results wed and scan again Thursday. Really nervous as think it may be the worst!  
I went for an u/s today to check dates i thought i might be about 6 weeks the the lady said I might only be about 4 to 5 weeks all i could see was the gestational sac and a tiny tiny white dot is this normal for a 4 to 5 week scan or is there nothing in the sac
Im already 6 weeks . I had my first ultz yesterday. im so afraid because the result is  no gestattional  sac and no embryo but the cervix is still closed .  i had my fisrt miscarriage last year .  coz until im bleeding  with color chocolate but when i swiped with a tissue its a light blood.  im very worried bec i wanted to have a baby bec im already old/.
hello everyone. my LMP was 09/03/10. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests and all have been positive. I went to my OB/GYN today and when she did the U/S there was a sac but no baby. She's sending me for blood work and a follow up in a week. I'm not too sure but according to the pregnancy calculator and the last time I had intercourse I should be at least 7 weeks pregnant. I'm very concerned and extremely confused. She didn't really offer me too much info on the situation. She said it could be a silent miscarriage....what exactly does that mean. I had a miscarriage b4 and I know the bleeding and pain involved. That has not happened. Can anyone give me some info or tips on this subject. TY
I AS PER MY LPM I AM SUPPOSTED TO BE 7 WEEKS. WENT FOR MY FIRST U/S LAST WEEK AND THE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT THE U/S LOOKED LIKE A 4 WEEKS SAC W/ NO HB. REPEATED MY HCG AND THEY WENT UP FROM 8000 TO 11000 IN LESS THAN 48 HOURS. SCHEDULED FOR ANOTHER TEST THIS THURSDAY AND ANOTHER U/S IN A WEEK. I AM A NERVOUS RACK. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THE U/S ACTUALLY SHOWS FROM CONCEPTION DATE OR LMP...TNX
I am 10wks pregnant from my lmp, but did U/S 2day and was told that i am 6w3d and there is no embryo seen in d sac, what shud i do?
Hi Ladies,
I am from Trinidad and Tobago and I have been reading the many comments posted here with lots of interest. I want to share this info with you and I hope it can help any of you in a similar position.
I am 38yrs with 2kids, 16yrs and 10yrs.I took a pregnancy test on March 29th 2012 and discovered I was pregnant. It was odd because I am sure I had a period a week before>what was different was the way my period happened. It was not consistent and it came one day and disappeared the next day came back a few days later and so forth, I was puzzled but then again shrugged it off since I also have fibroids and told myself this might have something to do with it.
I went to my doctor 2 days later who confirmed my pregnancy with another pregnancy test. Now all this time I had been having inconsistent bleeding so I assumed that I was having what is known as a threatened abortion.My doctor scheduled an ultrasound to be done urgently with bed rest since the pregnancy did seem threatened from the fact that I was bleeding inconsistently.Based on my uncertain LAST MONTHLY PERIOD DATE, he gave a rough estimate pregnancy time of about 6weeks.
Another 2days later which was April 2nd, I went to have the ultrasound done. The results was a Fundal fibroid 6.2cm and  a Postero inferior fibroid 1.7cm.I also had 3 small Nabothian cyst. My internal os was closed and in the middle of all of this my gestational sac measuring 4.3cm diameter with no foetus identified. A follow-up scan was suggested since the Consultant Radiologist said that she estimated 5weeks and at this time, it is too early to detect the foetus.I returned to my doctor with these results who confirmed it was really too early to see the foetus on the ultrasound so he recommended I repeat the scan in two weeks time that being April 16th 2012.
Well the Saturday14th, 2 days before my scan,I woke up and went to urinate. There on my underwear was bright red spots of blood and the toilet bowl was also red with blood. I could see something dark at the bottom of the bowl also.A dark blood clot which could fit in the centre of my palm was present in the bowl. I felt sick knowing it was an obvious miscarriage.I urinated again and passed a smaller clot the size of a 25cent piece. The bleeding subsided and I left streaks of brown on my sanitary napkin.
Today, Monday, I had my scan due. First I went to my doctor to let him know about the "obvious miscarriage" and he told me to go ahead and get the scan done to confirm that everything was expelled. When I got to the ultrasound, the Radiologist did an external and internal ultrasound. The fibroids had grown and while I was there waiting for her to point out the remnants floating around somewhere in there, instead I saw a little foetus in the gestational sac approximately 8+ weeks and I witnessed for the first time Foestal Cardiac activity, yes I saw and heard the heartbeat of this live baby. So this is my status effective this moment.
Here is what I want to say to everyone reading. I know it is hard to miscarry and I am high-risked to miscarry with my growing fundal fibroid and all but bear in mind that NOTHING HAPPENS BEFORE ITS TIME....EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON...WHAT IS FOR YOU IS FOR YOU. I met a GF today while awaiting the U/S doctor and we spoke about miscarriages and she tols me she had two. She said there is nothing harder than losing a fully developed baby and if she has to lose it, its best that it happens while its still a yolk sac...understand? We will always feel that loss of connectivity when we lose something that precious but think of it this way...that miscarriage happened because there was the possibility of some defect in the formation and we will all want and strive for a healthy baby yes? Sometimes we need to shift our focus and change the way we look at our situation. One door closes for a better door to open. I wish here success and all the best in their future pregnancies. May Almighty GOD JEHOVAH in the name of his son Jesus Christ bless and protect all of you.
HI SHAY,
IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING, WHAT WEBSITE WAS IT THAT YOUR MOM TOLD YOU ABOUT? I AM CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH THE SAME EXACT THING THAT YOU ARE AND THE OB DOCTORS ARE STRESSING ME OUT AS WELL ABOUT MY HCG LEVELS.
SHAR
I am typing because I went to the doctor on 8/9 and thought I was ten weeks along but the doc did the ultrsound and said my sac was 2cm and that he couldn't find anything in it and told me I could be less prego then thought or ill have a miscarriage. I am very afraid of that but I have hopes that everything will be fine and that I am just less pregnant then I thought. He sent me to get blood work done. I should find out results tomorrow. I go back on the 16 for another ultrasound. 8 hope he was wrong and there is something there. I know you posted 7 years ago but you gave me tons more hope and I just wanna thank you so much and ill keep you updated.
I'm on the same boat I had an u/s done yesterday and it showed a yolk sac but no fetal pole, also the ob said on my right ov or fullipian tube that it was kind of big and that there maybe a fetus in my fullipian tube but he is not sure. So in 2 days I have a follow up appointment for more test to see what's the big deal. My hcg level was 5000 and I was just under 5 weeks pregnant. I'm really anxious and scared that I might have an ectopic pregnancy or is it just to early to tell!!! In real bead of advice !!!!