Maternal & Child Community
getting preg after an ectopic

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

getting preg after an ectopic

i've been trying to get pregnant for about 4 yrs now...i had 1 m/c about 2 yrs ago and an ectopic about a month ago. How long do i have to wait before trying again? Do i have to wait for my next period?? I am having the "sticky discharge" that i get during ovulation. Should i try this soon???????
Avatar n tn
My doctor told me to wait 3 cyles after the ectopic (right tube). he said it takes that long to heal and metho shot caused folic acid levels to go down and I need to build it back up before trying again. ( I am on 1mg a day folic acid) I tried after 2 cyles (could not wait and I was ovulating on the other side of ectopic that month) but it did not work. Also, if you dont wait at least one cyle, it would be difficult to figure out your dates. Wish you the best.