Maternal & Child Community
hair lost

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

hair lost

ok i had my baby 5months ago and i been losing my hair and some of my friends say it happens after u have a baby and i was just wondering how long is this going to be going on for? and maybe it could be from stress cause i am a lil stress trying  to keep up with both boys by myself boyfriend works alot and i dont get to much time to myself myself oldest is 2 and im trying to spend as much time with him so that he dont thing that im spending to much time with his brother
I continued to lose hair until my daughter was about 6 months old. This is normal after you have a baby.
Me also. It should slow down soon. By 6 or 7 months it had slowed down for me. It was rapid and lots of hair from about 3-5 months though! I thought I was going to be bald.
yep...  happened to me too after our youngest was born.  my hair was long though and after i got it cut, it helped some!  but yes, it does get better!!!  :)
I think it's from the hormonal changes.  My hair thinned out a lot once my son was born.  kennedydp5 is right, get a trim.  It should make the hair a lot healthier.
thanks girls that what im going to do get a trim
i lost from 3 months to about 6 months. i didn't realize how much til recently when it started to grow back. i actually have huge patches of 1 to 2 inch hairs, especially by my hair line. if i don't blowdry it immediately they stick straight up all day.
My baby is 9 months and my hair is still falling out when I brush it and in the shower. It IS less than it was before however.