Maternal & Child Community
hands and feet constantly falling asleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

asnyone else notice this in the 2nd trimester? thanks in advance.
It happens to me occasionally, but its not only my hands and feet. My legs tend too as well, and I cannot stay seated for too long. I end up looking like a crazy women as I can't stop fidgeting on the busride home.
This has started happening to me too, only in my hands though since about a week or two ago (currently 35 weeks). It happens mostly when I'm sleeping and it wakes me up.
YES!  This has been happening to me too, mostly at night when I'm sleeping or if I'm laying on the couch, it is sooo annoying!  I've also been getting weakness in my hands and wrists at work (hairdresser) hope it doesn't get worse.... I am 26wks.
It happens to me in my sleep too! My heart usually beats a bit harder and this wakes me up. I sit up and after a few minutes I am back to normal. I hate it, it is disturbing. This with all of the times that I have to get up to pee, or I have heartburn, or I am thirstier than I have ever been in my life. Ahhhh the joys of being preggo!

26 weeks!!

try those wrist gaurds you can buy at any walgreens, longs or other drug store. they have metal splint that keeps your wrist straight while sleeping. i dont know if it will work since these are pg related, but for me it worked wonders!!!
It's carpal tunnel, it is very annoying and sometimes painful indeed, but normally it disappears after your pregnancy.
Wht does hands and feet falling asleep mean? Is it feeling numb?
Thnx.
ya i am guessing they mean when you get tingly and that "sleep" feeling like your foot.
Thnx, sailors wife.
I too feel it once in a while. 27 weeks 1 day today.
But not to the extend that it is a nuisence.Heard it is quiet common in pregnency, if I am right.
Are you anemic?  I am and it's the reason why arms and legs often fall asleep.  Most importantly if you are, supplement on iron like eating spinach or beef.  Cheerioos are good too.
BTW, I am sure it is somewere around 2 or three in the morning out there, what makes U being still up? Ofcource u don't hv to answer that, I was just wondering to myself :)
this is my 5th pregnancy and this is the first time i have ever gone through this!!! my feet and hands fall asleep go numb when i am sleep and it hurts so bad it wakes me up. it also happens when i am awake.

thanks
hottie_love69