have any of you taken azo for a bladder infection during your pregnancy?
I was wondering my doc. has me on meds for a bladder infection that is making me miserable but she also said to try azo she said it helps w/ the pain.  Has anyone tried this, I've never had a bladder infection while preggo.  
I think that the azo helped me immediately. This for me was at about 31 weeks. It is safe and I got good results ;) Hope you feel better soon. (took away the urge to pee every 5 secs)
I've never heard of azo. Do you know if it's like Uristat? I have taken that and it SO helped with the acute symptoms I was experiencing! I am now on macrobid (antibiotic) for the rest of this pregnancy. I'm in week 21.
I'm on macrobid also but it wasnt getting rid of the every 5 second need to pee and not being able too.  Now, I've only taken it for 1 day and I swear its a wonder drug.  The pain and burning have finally subsided.  I just wanted to make sure I wasnt making a mistake by taking it, it always makes you feel better to know someone else has been in your situation. even though the doc. suggested it.  Good luck to you both~!
I had problems with pain in my bladder during my first trimester and going into the second with my last pregnancy.  Because I have a tilted uterus, it was sitting on my bladder and causing spasms.  My Dr. had me taking pyridium daily and told me I should do so as long as I needed, even told me I may need to through my entire pregnancy.  That's the ingredient in AZO, should be fine if your Dr. told you it's okay, mine gave me the green light on it and it really helped till my uterus moved for me.
I just looked up azo and it has the same main ingredient as uristat, but I was told by my doctor and it says on the package that it should not be taken for more than two days, which is when your antibiotic should take over. I didn't know I could take it longer or I would have! It makes me pee pumpkin orange though (:
I've actually finished the meds now.  the pain is defiantly less but once I stop taking the azo the pain starts up again.  This hasnt been a problem at all until these last two wks.  The baby is really growing now, so I've been wondering if somehow he's causing the pain in my bladder area, by the way he's laying sometimes when he moves I get shooting pain in that area too.  This is a new problem for me, never had it happen w/ my other three.  Its going to be a long 9wks if it doesnt go away. I've heard of women who have bladder issues/infection or otherwise the whole pregancy. Have any of you had any issues after delivery or did it all go back to pre baby?  
I had terrible problems with infections before baby, but after my first, have had hardly any problems, only 1 infection in almost 3 years.  I did have pain and thought I had an infection during my last pregnancy, but it turned out that I was having bladder spasms becuase of the pressure from my uterus.  It was just going in to my second trimester though and my Dr. had me taking the Azo as needed and told me that I could continue throughout my entire pregnancy if needed, my baby sat really low that whole time too, till the last few weeks, then he floated up.  I feel great now though, and baby is almost 2 weeks old.  I hope it gets better for you, but I would talk with your Dr. and keep them updated on how you are feeling, an infection is nothing to miss during pregnancy.  Congrats on baby though, I hope you feel great after!
About two weeks ago I had to have a stent put in my kidney due to an inflammed kidney and uriter so the stent is actually in my uriter between the kidney and bladder. So any of you women that have bladder problems or spasms let me tell you this is that same feeling multiplied by about ten. The pain was unbelievable that of course sent me to the ER and eventually in surgery. The babies added pressure and the weight of the uterus have not made this easy at 22 weeks with 18 more to go and I must keep this stent for the rest of my pregnancy to keep from going into kidney failure so yes AZO had become my best friend along with Detrol and Pyridium. So good luck to all and wishing all a healthy pregnancy .