Maternal & Child Community
having periods while breastfeeding
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

having periods while breastfeeding

I had a baby Oct. 19 2004 had regular postpartum bleeding ended around Nov.30 2004. I then had a 5-6 days bleeding end of first beginning of second week of Dec. 2004. I didn't bleed again until first week of March, my baby had gotten sick and stopped nursing as much. This time was very painful, couldn't hardly stand up to walk required tylenol to help eleviate the pain. I bleed for 5-6 days like a normal period. Instead of my baby regaining her appetite she diminshed even more over the next month. I am down to almost maybe 5 feedings at most including the middle of night. Some days only 3 a day. So my question is I expected to have a period this month more so I guess because she is nursing even less then last month and I had one then. I expected to have one at the latest April 9 2004 and still no signs of spotting. I feel like I am going to start, achy back, crampy stomach(nothing like last month-pain wise) but still no period. Is it normal to have a period one month and then nothing?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It is hard to say. Have you been using birth control? Have you taken a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy? With my son, I was nursing 24/7 (literally, he was a piggy) and I was on depo for 6 months. I didn't get my first cycle until he was a year old. I would put a call into your doctor and get their advice on this.

Andrea
Blank
My period never got back to mormal before I got pregnant with my last son. It can take a while for your hormones to get back to normal.
Blank
I breast fed both of my children untill they were 15 months and with both of them I never really got back to normal untill a couple months after I stopped.  But like you I had an occasional little periods during the breastfeeding days.
Blank
My periods never stopped when I was breastfeeding.I also conceived my second child when my first one was 3.5 months old. Anything is possible.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...