Maternal & Child Community
having to pee to often while pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

having to pee to often while pregnant

Okay heres the thing, I just found out that I am pregnant again!!!!  I lost my first baby on 6/28/06 so I am worried that there is something wrong. I am about 5 weeks pregnant and I have to pee like every 20 minutes if that. Now I have been drinking alot more water because I am pregnant but it seems like it is just running right through me. I am also having a pain in my left side it is like a dull pain it does not hurt bad or nething it is just annoying. So does any1 think that this is something to be worried about or am I just crazy?? Thanx alot for the imput.
everyone knows that when you are pregnant, you urinate more than usual!
I'm so sorry for your recent loss, I know it must be so scary but the pain in your side could just be lig stretching :) & I know I'm still peeing all the time, I'm 34.5wks & when I move I usually have to go :) Of course if u feel not right about something call the DR but all in all I'd say ur just making rm for baby  :)
I read in my pregnancy book under miscarriage that Increased frequency of urintaion is a warning sign that is why i am so concerened.
i had a mis/c a few years ago and i noticed that i did not have the urge to pee all the time. if you have to pee all the time that means that your baby is probably growing and pushing on your bladder. With the two good pregnancys that i have had the urge to pee all the time was always there so i took it as a good sign.
when you drink more water you tend to loss more of the water which can cause you to bloat (water retention), plus you are pregnant and in the beginning you do tend to pee a lot a lot.

I have always drank a lot of water, and always gone to pee frequently, since I am pregnant I go  very often, especially during the night. I get up every hour if I am lucky.

Do not obsess over everything you read, as that was what I was doing in the begining of this pregnancy. (had a MC in January).

If you read all the pregnancy manuals you will find that fequent urination is very common during pregnancy as the Uterus is expanding and pushing down on to your bladder.

Relax and enjoy it (easier said than done I know).
will i have a question why doing  the day time i only pee like 2-3 times a day but as soon as i go to bed at night i get up every hour to go  pee my body been feeling really hot in the inside I been more tired as usually stomach growls all the time and sometime feel pain on my right side. Whats going on            
I am about 5 weeks pregant and i pee every ten to fifteen minutes. is that normal i know you pee more when pregant but that often worries plus it can be a bother at sometimes.i have a ten year old and don't remeber peeing that much
so any advise would be good yes i drink lots of water now and have had my first dr. visit yet.
ahhh...the joys of pregnancy!