hcg levels after d
How long after a D&C do the hcg levels go down and will you get you period before they go back to normal..  ??  I had a D&C 3 weeks ago and am still getting a light positive on a pregnancy test..  will I still get a period soon or do those levels have to go to 0 first??  Thanks for your help I'm anxious to start trying again...  sticky baby dust to all.....
Hello! it all depends on how far along you were and how much HCG levels you still have in your body. In my case i was about 12 or 13 weeks when had my DNC and i got my first period about 5 1/2 weeks later. Was a very very light period though, but I was aiding it with vitamin E which healed my uterus in no time, that's why i didn't have any complications. Many women (including myself) do not O in the time between DNC and first AF, but some do and may get pg. It all depends, again, on your levels....my doc said you cannot O with high levels of HCG, i still had a very very faint + (ghost line) when started my period, and right now it's all gone so we can start trying as soon as i get my O signs.
Good luck to ya!
I too was further along I had my d&c at 11 weeks.  The baby had passed some time before however.  I have mentally recovered and physically I feel fine.  I will try the vitamin E however.  I was hoping the line did not have to be neg for me to get it..  I can start trying almost immediately.  I will feel better when I can start trying.  So I guess I'll just wait.. My levels always ran low but always doubled... I'm 35 so time is ticking..  Thanks
I would say just wait a little bit more, maybe in a couple of weeks you will have your AF. I think I did not O before my first AF that's why i didn't get pg right away. I am hoping this cycle i will though. I recomend to start tracking your signs as soon as you get your AF so, go and get some monthly supplies girl! it won't hurt any! =)
My baby also stopped growing way before, docs saw hb at 7 weeks but was very weak. Fetus got reabsorbed and everything else kept growing......but i know "baby Sentz" just went back to "Papa God" and picked up some more blessings for mommy and daddy that he may have forgotten the first time around....he knows mommy is anxiously waiting for him to come back to her tummie ;)
Good luck to you hon.
Good luck to you hon.
i had a d&c done april of last year and the numbers went up and they kept on going up my ob doc told me i was a mystery the numbers did not go down until mid may and then i got pregnant with my son
Hi, did you get pregnant a month after your DNC? how easy was that? did you track anything?
I am shooting for this month, but i just can't get too excited cuz i am in constant fear it is not gonna happen.....
Thank you
i guess you can say i am too fertile well i used to be i don't know about now cause im  starting to ttc i had a stillborn 12-30-04 got prego 3-28-05 had miscarriage got prego again 6-6-05
I had a d&c on 7/18 and took an hpt on 7/31 to get a baseline of hcg levels, it was negative, so mine went out pretty quickly.  I did start af exactly 4 weeks to the day after the d&c.  I was 13 weeks with an hcg level of 95,000 at the time of the d&c, so I think it depends on our bodies really.  I hope she comes quickly for you so that you can move on.  Good luck and baby dust to you!
Hi guys.  I've been posting the last few days about getting my first AF since my d&c on 7/12.  It's been 5 1/2 wks and for some bizarre reason on Tuesday, I tested clearly positive on a ovulation stick.  On wednesday, i spotted brown lightly for a few minutes, and on thursday i had some stomach cramping and brown spotting from like 12-4.  Haven't had any since.  This morning, i took a pregnancy test, and it's clearly positive.  I am totally freaking out.  I haven't had 1 AF since the D&C and am terribly concerned if we are indeed pregnant my lining won't be thick enough and I will soon lose our 3rd baby.  I got bloodwork done today and should know more tomorrow by noon.  I'm also aware even though it's been 5 1/2 wks maybe it's left over HCG.  If I am newly pregnant again, so quickly, I don't know how to cope.  If anyone has any insights, i'd appreciate
the pregnancy test was clearly positive.  Almost the same color as the test line.  i went & gave blood today, and think i'm going to have to show up in the am to have a repeat test to see if the level is going up or down (to try to distinguish a new pregnancy).  We are moving out of state monday and this was the last thing we expected.  I know I shouldn't plan for another miscarriage that hasn't happened but after losing 2 babies in 7 months, I don't have enough confidence that this could be the real deal.  I will know more tomorrow and I know that will atleast confirm if this is the old pregnancy lasting too long, or a new one.  Thanks vsents for saying maybe it will stick better to the lining since it's new.  I feel like I keep reading everywhere, and I know, that because I just had a d&c, my lining may not be thick enough yet to hold a pregnancy.  My goodness.  Sorry for rambling, thanks for listening.
I know it's scary.  I'm scared too right now b/c I have this weird feeling that I may also accidentally be preg.  I hope you're OK.  Good luck with the move!
thats so wierd.  what symptoms do you have?  when are you expecting your af?  did you test?  I hope your ok.  What are you doing to calm yourself?  keep me posted on you too and i'll do the same
I dont care the circumstances!  I hope you are preggers with a healthy little one!!!!!!!!!!!!  You go girl!!!!  My hopes and prayers are with you sweetie!!!  Everything sounds good!! awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, baby dust to you hun!!!  You soooo deserve it!
Try and relax!!  Don't look ahead to determine how you're going to deal with a m/c that hasn't even happened yet :) I know everything will be fine.  Just have faith in God (I think i remember you saying that you're Catholic -- so am I).  You just have to believe that you're going to be taken care of!  Please keep us updated and try to stay calm!!!
Did the hpt came out faint or dark??? for 5 1/2 weeks after DNC if it's dark i'd say it's a new pg!!!! other wise it would be very faint!!!!
Please keep us updated!!! don't freak out cuz they say that you are not more likely to miscarry after one, and actually your baby will attach better to the lining since it's all brand new....
Good luck and God bless!!!
It's so weird.  I thought I would have AF by last Sunday.  I was cramping a little on Mon and Tues and A LOT on WED morning, then by Wed afternoon nothing.  I have not had a bit of cramping since then.  I did have sex last week (maybe Wed or Thurs) because I thought AF would be here by Sun and didn't think I'd be O.  Could I have gotten preg at that time???  I know anything is possible.  For the rest of the month I was really careful to use protection and to tell you the truth, we've been really busy so we weren't "together" that often in the last 5 weeks (TMI, I know!).  I'm tired, my bbs hust just a little, and that's about it for any symptoms (which could very well be from AF being on her way).  I'm just trying not to think about it!!!  That's how I'm coping!  I don't want to test because it will only make me nervous if I am preg and frustrate me if I'm not.  I can't believe you got a BFP!!  Just take it one day at a time.  I hope the move really distracts you!
Hello all!  

This is my first posting.  I just had a D&C at 8 weeks on 8/22 (my 2nd, after an IUI).  Today i am testing positive on a pregnancy test (which i know is FALSE) and also took a ovulation test, which is indicating that i am ovulating.....  could this be?  Am i ovulating?
Ugh!    
Thx
I had a D&C last Thursday at 8 weeks. My HCG levels were 9,000 at that time. I had 2 blighted ovums requiring the procedure. I feel as the my levels have dropped at least I hope so. I am desperate to try again immediately. I read about the vitamin E here and will try that anything esle that can be suggested. Everything seemed to happen so fast I just hope I can concieve again before Christmas.
Hello everyone. I had a d/c on 8/11/06, and i still haven't recieved my a/f. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for it to return to normal?