Maternal & Child Community
hcg levels in very early pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

hcg levels in very early pregnancy

hi there dus any one know what hcg 199 levels mean in very early pregnancy???
ive had a eptopic pregnancy last year and the hospital think i have one now i have a few pains in my tummy and near my ovaries on both sides where the bikni line is i think????
the early pregnancy unit scanned me but didnt c nothing they think im 5 weeks pregnant (yesterday) going from my last period which was 29th july i know im not 5 weeks gone and i think i ovulated bewteen the 12th and 17th august so that dont make me 5 weeks i had my hormone level checked it was 199 and have to have it re dun tomorrow they said if it gets to 400 meaning doubling then the pregnancy should be fine and turn up in the right place im so scared and my bf is worried too. ive sort of given up hope....
its weird i dun a test last monday it showed up but faint then i dun anther one tues morning with 1st wee and it was darker then i dun one thurs morning and it was darker still then my doc dun one at bout 4pm using 3.30 wee and it was lighter but u could still tell i was pregnant then i dun another test this monday 1st and it came straight up b4 the line to say the test has worked had *** up and the same yesterday morning  i just dont get it surely if my hormones wernt going up the tests would take ages to come up ????? surely?????
any1 help????????
thankyou girlies
My first hcg level done at about 4 1/2 weeks was 143. 199 is fine as long as it is doubling. The number should double every 48 hours.  Good luck.
I had the same fears when I was first pregnant... They just said as long as it is going up then you should be OK... I lived my first few weeks of my pregnancy in complete fear... but it all worked out.  Just keep thinking good thoughts.
hi again thanks for everyone getting back to me ive been upto the hospital again at 12.30ish i had my blood taken...
the nurse said it be a good sign if my hormone levels go up on this one they need to reach 380 or 400 well bewteen that i just get the feeling that they mite only go up another 100 which i know isnt a good sign i cant stop worrying and cant relax if the baby dus turn up in my uterus i know all this worrying is not good 4 me or my baby its so hard....
i gt my results either later today or tomorrow (great) another waiting game well atleast i know if they have only gone up a bit that theres sumin ron ....
i be 6 weeks next monday but i know im only 3 or 4 weeks max which is so annoying too....
and because ive had problems b4 i know the hospital is ganna b on my case alot they dont help either u know any way thank you ladies 4 getting back to me i keep you posted thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx